New to the Renegade

FiremanJim

Good day all;

Just purchased a 2016 solar yellow Renegade. We don't have a lot of dealer options here in southeastern Ohio and West Virginia so my choices were really limited. I chose the Sport 4x4 model with the passive entry, 2.4/automatic, 6.5 Uconnect. This is how the dealer had it specked out (pretty bare bones). This sport does not have roof rails and I would like to find something that would let me utilize the roof for "stuff". I know the mounting holes (threaded nuts) are under the roof filler strips but I was wondering what options / ideas you-all might have for putting a set of rails up there to add cross bars to later if needed. Are there rub strips on the roof of Renegades with the rails? My wife and I are pretty avid out door people with backpacking, car camping, etc. We also are site leadership team members with Samaritans Purse disaster relief ( https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/us-disaster-relief/ ) and are in a lot of rough areas right after natural disasters and need to be able to carry "stuff" to assist those affected. The renegade did not come with the spare tire either, is there a black wheel off of something else that has the same bolt pattern as the renegade? We are not new to the Jeep world as we have had a 1993 Grand Cherokee, 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited (still have), a 2006 Commander Limited and now the Renegade. Thanks in advance and may God bless.

Jim & Barb

Renegade in the mall.jpg

Top Bottom