2016 SEMA : Smittybilt Jeep JK Wrangler Rear Seat Recline Kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of riding in the back of a 4-door Jeep JK Wrangler for an extended period of time, you know just how uncomfortable as hell it is. Many of us have resorted to using washers to recline it back a bit to help it out but it never looks quite factory. Well, 10 years after the JK has been released, Smittybilt has finally come up with a nice rear seat recline kit and once installed, it looks very factory. It will retail for $59.

20161106100739-ce229ec2-me.jpg

Kalums

Huh, not a fan of smittybuilt products but I may give this a try, after stuffing 3 car seats in the back seat and struggling to get them aligned properly. This seems to be a cheap fix for the issues I was/have been experiencing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

SergJKURhino

These were previously branded under Innovative JK Products. I just installed these this weekend using hand tools...do yourself a favor & buy/borrow an impact wrench; those rear bolts under the bench are TOUGH. Nice recline once installed!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermid

Wow I didn't know stuff like this existed. I am gonna have to look into this; I always feel bad for my friends who have to sit in the back for a long time. They never complain and say they don't know why I'm apologizing, but I think they are just being nice :)

Does anyone know if this would interrupt how flat the seats get collapsing them forward?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jkratt

There are several companies on the internet who sell this. I bought one and it makes a huge difference in the comfort of the rear seat. I could have cared less about the rear seat until I sat back there when I let my kids drive the jeep. First thought of the factory set up was WTF. Also the center of the rear seat bottom, has no support. Just foam. I think metalcloak makes an aluminum plate to deal with that issue. The shipping was too much so I made my own. Both made a big different.

jeeeep

Hooked
Wow I didn't know stuff like this existed. I am gonna have to look into this; I always feel bad for my friends who have to sit in the back for a long time. They never complain and say they don't know why I'm apologizing, but I think they are just being nice :)

Does anyone know if this would interrupt how flat the seats get collapsing them forward?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

i have these installed from purchased from another vendor - my brother 6'3 sat back there and commented It was comfortable and the lean felt like it gave more headroom. the other benefit It seems to make getting in and out of the back a little easier.

as mentioned, collapsed it's still about the same as stock, but mine were never real flat to begin with.

other big improvement is to put support under the center section of the back seat. my 2010 had nothing to support the cushion so whoever sat there would sink. not sure if the newer rigs have address it or not.

Petzl88

I need to get one of these. Mainly just for the kid car seats. The car seats basically sit straight up and when the little ones fall asleep their heads fall forward, even when the Jeep is going up a slight grade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

d2mini

I got the ones from warpig off road.
I got the booty board too, to take care of the support issue someone mentioned above.
Haven't installed yet, probably will this weekend.

Top Bottom