Rock Krawler 1.5 guidance needed.

decoy5657

Rock Krawler 1.5 guidance needed.

Stock 2012 JKU Sport Hardtop– 3.21 gearing 
20.25” center to bottom of fender. (Seems low?)

Stock ride is great, but pretty clunky over bumps and potholes.

I want to go to 285/70/17 (Probably on AEV Pintlers)

Looking for lift kits. I wanted something robust that doesn’t lift me up 4 inches since I have no intention of going to very large tires.

Found this kit and like it’s completeness.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...-1-5in-max-travel-lift-system-w-shock-options

I’m going through this old thread. REMOVED LINK.

My only worry is negative rake. Anyone have conclusive thoughts? I’d be heartbroken if I installed it and the front is an inch higher than the back.

I’m sort of curious what kind of lift I’ll get compared to where I am now…

Last edited by a moderator:

Napalm

What's the biggest size tire you plan on running?

And what kind of off-roading will you be doing ?

EDIT: Just went back and saw it.

Go with a Leveling kit. To run that size tire you don't need anything more. I recommend an EVO leveling it. It has great riding 2 inch Plush Ride coils in the front and then a 3/4 inch puck in the rear.

This will get you lifted slightly and allow you to run up to a 35" tire. It has decent off-road performance as well and is inexpensive and easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
You don't need to lift it at all for 285s. Also I removed your link to the other forum as it is against the rules.

decoy5657

If I go with a leveling kit to raise front/rear an inch, anyone have a recommendation for stock size springs/shocks? If I'm going to take it all apart I want to get new gear in there.

Napalm

If I go with a leveling kit to raise front/rear an inch, anyone have a recommendation for stock size springs/shocks? If I'm going to take it all apart I want to get new gear in there.

Depending on what kit you go with, some will come with new springs.

If you interested in upgrading shocks, PM Rancho here on the forum and they can get you the right length shocks depending on your kit you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom