Can I have a longer shock in the front of my jk?

JeepNfish20

So I have Skyjacker hydro 7000s now which are rated for a 6-7 inch lift with the fronts being 26.75 extended and 15.56 collapsed, the rears are 28.59 extended and 16.70 collapsed. I want new high quality shocks because I think my fronts blew out. I want to order new Fox Shocks but only have the money for the front ones right now. I was looking at the new Fox Adventure 2.0s rated for a 4-6 inch lift. The extended length is 28.28 and collapsed is 17.18 for the front. Will these be ok on my jeep with being a little bit longer extended than my previous ones ?

chitown35

LOSER
Are you sure your current shocks are for a 6-7 inch lift? Doesn't sound like it from that collapsed length. Either way you should take the springs off and/or flex it up too check your clearances out.

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

Draconianwinter

WHEN I got my jeep it was already lifted and had rough country shocks. WHEN I talked to RC they said my shocks on the jeep were rated for a 6 inch lift
Gotcha. I would look into the fox shocks that are rated to the proper lift hight for the lift. That should do a couple things. 1 keep you from unseasonably your coils at fill droop and 2 keep you front bottoming out completely at compression. Our at least that is what I was always told when I have asked in the past. But if that length worked then go for it. I would look at a shorter shock made for your lift hight and see if they are closer to the length you already have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom