Rubicon front 44

desertrunner

I am also wondering the exact same question

I found one that has less than 100 miles on it for $1600 idk if thats a good deal or not but im tempted to take it.

And yes the lockers can be wired to the SPod
BenATC1 did that with his 2 door he swapped his 16' rubi axles into.

J

JKDream

I am also wondering the exact same question

I found one that has less than 100 miles on it for $1600 idk if thats a good deal or not but im tempted to take it.

And yes the lockers can be wired to the SPod
BenATC1 did that with his 2 door he swapped his 16' rubi axles into.

Depends if you value the housing.
Chances are you'd re-gear, which negates the 4:10's.
Same with shafts, if you need the D44 you're probably running 37's, in which don't hold very well on stock shafts.
Personally (just my opinion), I wouldn't pay more than $1000 at absolute most.

kyle521

You will see people trying to sell them for over $2000 complete new. You can order them from a dealership with a msrp of 2400, if you do some shopping around and compare prices, you can probably knock off at least 10%, Im looking at ordering one 20% off and its still more than I want to pay

desertrunner

Depends if you value the housing.
Chances are you'd re-gear, which negates the 4:10's.
Same with shafts, if you need the D44 you're probably running 37's, in which don't hold very well on stock shafts.
Personally (just my opinion), I wouldn't pay more than $1000 at absolute most.

Yeah really for my application it would be to get the locker which i dont have with my D30. I agree with the negate of 4.10 since i would have to re gear the rear anyways its stupid to go 4.10 might as well do the 4.88 and ARB at the same time which really turns a $1600 purchase into a 4G purchase to set the rear and re gear the front.

J

JKDream

Yeah really for my application it would be to get the locker which i dont have with my D30. I agree with the negate of 4.10 since i would have to re gear the rear anyways its stupid to go 4.10 might as well do the 4.88 and ARB at the same time which really turns a $1600 purchase into a 4G purchase to set the rear and re gear the front.

I hear you on that. Maybe I got lucky, but I think they're horribly overpriced from what I've seen on forums.
I'd check the wreckers personally, that's where I got mine for so cheap.
Threw 5:13's in, trussed the front and locked the rear. Total was ~$2200 for everything including labor (minus the truss that I welded).

Top Bottom