Carolina Metal Masters Front Grab Handles and Mirrors - Looking for owner input

bonedaddy

So I like the Carolina Metal Masters Front Grab Handles and Mirror combo, but was looking to hear from some people who actually own or have owned them - Are the a pain to get in and out with and are they a "head hitter" getting in and out of the Jeep?

I know the mirrors will only be on with doors off, but I was just curious opinions on the handles everyday use... Also there website mentions possibly of interfering with the sun visor ...

Thanks in advance - Donnie

Last edited by a moderator:

wvtrees

Easy to install. Didn't get mirror combo. Makes it real easy for my wife to get in Jeep. Roll bar grabs didn't work as well as CMM handles. No conflicts for my head clearance. I'm 6'4". Hadn't hit yet.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

20jk08

Re

Pricey, My wife and I have them, if you don't mind putting out the cash for them, they are solid, well made, use them all the time for entering and exiting, look good, and not in the way at all. They do prevent the visors from opening to the windshield, but not really an issue for us anyhow. My wife has the mirrors, they give a good view if your eyes are better than mine. I like the grab bars for exiting, because my concrete floor in the garage is highly polished, and gets slippery when it's wet, and I know I can trust those not to break. Of course there are more useful things to spend money on in a jeep, so it's all about the price,,

Last edited:
I use the GrabBars. They are a very similar setup and I haven't hit my head or had issues with the visors so I think you will be good.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
I've had them for a while now. Very positive experience from ordering through install. Top-quality product easily installed. I bought both front and rear sets for my JKU. My 4'9" daughter really appreciates them. Rest of the family, shorter than me, tends to use them at least some of the time. As driver, I rarely use mine. When I do, tends to be on uneven ground while wheeling and I subconsciously find I reach for it. I had similar concerns to yours when getting them. I've not regretted it for one moment.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

tippedover

I have them and my wife said "those will get in the way" but now she uses them and it makes it ez to get in and out. Also great convo starter cause they look cool!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mule

Have had them for a couple months, and they are rock solid.

The mirrors are fish eye, so takes some getting used to. My wife has hit her head a couple times on the mirror.

The sun visor doesn't go all the way to the wind shield, but still tolerable.

Solid product, although a lil pricey. I really like mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DKjeep

Have had the regular style grab bars for a year now. Greats product so far. The "brass knucke" version is for douche bags.

Top Bottom