Motor transplant.

MBezner

I have a 2012 jk two door. Have motor problems. Bought a brand new take off motor. My question is do I pull the body off the frame or try to go out the front?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SPOOOBY

U dont have to pull body,just makes it easier to work

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

TRLJNKY

Well hell, When its time I may have to follow suit. Never thought of going that route

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

aermotor

I'm curious what engine problems are you having that warranted needing a new engine entirely, and what might have caused it?

MBezner

I bought it with a salvaged title. Test drove it, no vibrations and steered like a brand new stock jeep, I couldn't find any major damage. It was pretty cheap with the salvage title so I figured what the hell.
Made the deal and drove it 120 miles home.
Then I noticed the motor sounded ruff like maybe the valves needed adjusting. Checked the oil and it had burned about 1 qt on the way home. So I kept adding oil for a while. Also tried some oil additive. Didn't help any.
Then it started fouling spark plugs. Found a lot of oil when I pulled them.
Started seeing oil when I changed the air filter. Oil pan had red rtv so I figure somebody had taken the motor apart at some point.
I'm thinking the rings didn't seat correctly or something and it's pushing oil past the heads.
Found a good deal on take off motors with very few miles on them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom