Stalling issue

jbad505

Hey guys,
Looking for some help. I have a 2012 jku Sport, auto trans, afe intake, trail dash 2, 4 inch lift, 35 inch cooper stt pro tires. Have not regeared yet.

I'm having issues with my jeep stalling when at a stop light or backing up. The jeep will start right back up no problem but will not shift into gear for about 10 seconds. Also when I push on the gas it will either stall again or attempt to stall. No check engine light. I was thinking it might be the torque converter. I took it in to a transmission shop but the mechanic could not recreate the issue. The mechanic also ran every diagnostic possible and could not find anything.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Marauder

The wife's jeep just did this. Went to the dealership 3 times. They sent it home twice because they couldn't duplicate the issue. The third time it went in they were going to turn it back to us again but it stalled on the way to the car wash. They put a flight data recorder on it and had us drive it for 2 weeks and push a button every time it acted up. They figured out (hopefully) that it was the wireless control module and on the 4th visit they replaced it. That is the little box that reads the chip on the key as an anti theft feature. It was failing to read the key and would cause the engine to shut off. Hopefully it fixes the issue. Hopefully this helps you in some way.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
About two weeks after.

did the pickup tube o-ring come off with the filter?

did you replace it with a new one?

it sounds like it's either low on fluid or not picking up fluid fast enough

you measured the fluid at the dipstick after it's hot and it's between the 2 upper holes in the dip stick?

jbad505

did the pickup tube o-ring come off with the filter?

did you replace it with a new one?

it sounds like it's either low on fluid or not picking up fluid fast enough

you measured the fluid at the dipstick after it's hot and it's between the 2 upper holes in the dip stick?

Yes I replaced the filter. No I don't think th o-ring came off but I could double check when I'm off. Yes the fluid is appears to be fine on the dip stick.

jeeeep

Hooked
Yes I put the new o-ring on. I put a little transmission oil on the o-ring to lube it up a bit.

since it begin after you did the filter change I'd look at the o-ring again, make sure it seated properly and there isn't something in the pick up line causing an obstruction

jbad505

So I dropped the pan again and put a new filter in. I made sure it was seated correctly. It hasn't done it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed this fixes it. Thank you for the help.

jbad505

Just to update, it's still having stalling issues. No check engine light. While at a stop it shuts off or while driving you can feel it trying to cut out. It's still very intermittent. [emoji58][emoji45]

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys,
Looking for some help. I have a 2012 jku Sport, auto trans, afe intake, trail dash 2, 4 inch lift, 35 inch cooper stt pro tires. Have not regeared yet.

I'm having issues with my jeep stalling when at a stop light or backing up. The jeep will start right back up no problem but will not shift into gear for about 10 seconds. Also when I push on the gas it will either stall again or attempt to stall. No check engine light. I was thinking it might be the torque converter. I took it in to a transmission shop but the mechanic could not recreate the issue. The mechanic also ran every diagnostic possible and could not find anything.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thank you.

did you flash the PCM for the larger tires?

jeeeep

Hooked
Yes. That's one of the reasons I installed the traildash 2. I adjusted for tire size.

i would try to re-flash it - i had to do this with my 37s because the 1st attempt didn't take and i had similar issue where it would take a few seconds before the transmission engaged.

put the stock tune back on, restart it the engine to make sure it starts.

reset the system by disconnecting the positive cable from the battery

ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors

reconnect the positive cable to the battery

turn the key on but do not start

turn the headlights on

turn the headlights off

turn the key off

restart the engine a few times, i did mine 5 times but according the reset instructions it will relearn the engine and driving habits for the new parts (new tire size tune) for the next 50 warm ups.

remember when you measure your tire measure from the ground up to the center of the hub and multiply by 2 for the correct tire size to input into the traildash

go for a drive to see if that took care of the stall/transmission stall

WJCO

Meme King
I'm thinking it may be a TIPM issue. Those things had a ton of issues on various makes and models.

Top Bottom