[Need Feedback] Jeep JKU OEM half-doors

BenJKWrangler15

Hey guys, I'm currently looking to upgrade my current JK to a JKU Rubicon for family and cargo purposes and would like to get feedback from the people who own JKU's with the factory half doors. Does the upper portion rattles in the wind while cruising down the highway? Any issues during winter time? Anything I should know before making a decision on wether or not I'd want to order my JKU with the half doors?

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SPOOOBY

I personally would have both, if i could,half doors suck as a daily,great for the trail and summer

If you're not living, your dead already

I would say they are loud and it can be cold in the back seat because they can let air in, now mine is an 07 and I haven't replaced the seals or anything on the windows so a newer model might be different but I will say I LOVE the half doors and the noise does not bother me one bit but my passengers it does. I wouldn't go to full doors after having half doors personally!

SPOOOBY

I would say they are loud and it can be cold in the back seat because they can let air in, now mine is an 07 and I haven't replaced the seals or anything on the windows so a newer model might be different but I will say I LOVE the half doors and the noise does not bother me one bit but my passengers it does. I wouldn't go to full doors after having half doors personally!

IMG_1478942201.262901.jpg now if i had these hard uppers with sliders, so sweet

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hinrich ran this factory half doors all winter here in Pa when he had them on his two door. He said that they fit like the full doors and didn't need to switch back to them. The only issue he had was them icing over a little and not really able to scrap them cause he didn't want to hurt the window.

Nicalife

Half doors come with that level of inconvenience. Slightly noisy, not too clear to see when checking over your shoulder, it does get slightly colder. But the cool factor is worth having them. I bought a set of full doors on Craigslist. I only use them December through April if there is a heavy winter. Otherwise, I keep the half doors as long as I can. I take leisure trips to SF, Napa, and Monterey, CA from Lake Tahoe. I don't have any complaints. The noise factor is worth the sacrifice so that I can go topless at my destination.

BenJKWrangler15

Thanks for the replies everyone! Definitely worth the cool factor but can't think of a situation where I'd want to have my newborn "freezing" in the back of the Jeep... But they're sooooooooo niiiiiiiiiceee.... Time will tell

Top Bottom