Planning a 2017 lift project on the Jeep

Tincup

Hello to all,

So my plan has already started by looking into the different options of lift kits (so many options!). Currently my jeep is all stock except with the front bumper, winch, and rock rails that have been added. It's a JKUR 2015 with 4.10 and dana 44 axles. I think I am ok with keeping the dana 44's with the 37 until they break.

My plan was originally to go 35" tires and 2.5" lift but now after a year of listening and reading what everyone says if you are thinking about 37" to just spend the money once. So I am leaning more towards going with the 37" tires and 3.5"-4" lift however that could change if the jeep won't fit in the garage.

This is where I need some help. I am no mechanic I will admit but I am able to figure things out and get it done. Those of you who have experience with the lift kits I would like a little help on figuring out what is best. I do need something that still has a good drive for a daily drive and allows the drive to different locations as those on the West Coast know it's not a short drive to any good trails but I also want something that has good amount of travel on the flex as rocks are the theme.

Any information that you might be able to share or insight on a lift kit would be greatly appreciated. No hurry as I mentioned this will be my project for 2017.

Thanks.

scull20

You cant go wrong with an Evo Enforcer lift, either 3" or 4" variant with a drag link flip. You can get away with a 3" enforcer with flat fenders for 37s, otherwise go with the 4". The drag link flip will correct your steering geometry. You will also need a new front DS, as the stock one will end up contacting the exhaust crossover while flexing with 3"+ lift. As far as shocks go, you'll get various opinions here...but many guys run Rancho shocks with the enforcer lift. I've been running a 3" enforcer and 35s with Rancho 9000xls for the better part of this year which absolutely no issues. Its a great package, that performs very well on-road, as well as off-road. The rancho 9000xl's are a nice shock, that is adjustable. However, if I could do it over...I would save some money and go with the rancho 5000x instead. You lose the ability to adjust, but its a great all around shock. You can take a look at my build thread as well as the enforcers unite thread for more info here: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8667-Enforcers-Unite!&highlight=enforcers+unite

jeeeep

Hooked
Hello to all,

So my plan has already started by looking into the different options of lift kits (so many options!). Currently my jeep is all stock except with the front bumper, winch, and rock rails that have been added. It's a JKUR 2015 with 4.10 and dana 44 axles. I think I am ok with keeping the dana 44's with the 37 until they break.

My plan was originally to go 35" tires and 2.5" lift but now after a year of listening and reading what everyone says if you are thinking about 37" to just spend the money once. So I am leaning more towards going with the 37" tires and 3.5"-4" lift however that could change if the jeep won't fit in the garage.

This is where I need some help. I am no mechanic I will admit but I am able to figure things out and get it done. Those of you who have experience with the lift kits I would like a little help on figuring out what is best. I do need something that still has a good drive for a daily drive and allows the drive to different locations as those on the West Coast know it's not a short drive to any good trails but I also want something that has good amount of travel on the flex as rocks are the theme.

Any information that you might be able to share or insight on a lift kit would be greatly appreciated. No hurry as I mentioned this will be my project for 2017.

Thanks.

I've run both 35 & 37, if you want a good daily driver with the occasional off-road trip I'd recommend 35's, if you plan on wheeling often 37's.

Not sure what your budget is like but I'd go PR44, hydro-assist steering, you'll want 3.5" fenders trimmed or 4" un-trimmed fenders, adjustable control arms (evo enforcer, clayton off-road I've dealt with both and would recommend either), 1350 front DS (1310 will work been running 1310 for last couple of years no issue), 1350 rear (rear not as critical but it will fail eventually - mine did within a year after 37's)
you'll also want trans cooler if you don't have one already.

skip the reid knuckles, opt for chrome-moly shafts. Dynatrac Pro-Grips for stopping power.

if your budget allows, go for one of the new package deals from Dynatrac for the price and fully assembled well worth it.

SPOOOBY

2.5" lift mid arm and high clearance fenders will work for 37,and be low to the ground for garage clearance,i have the 3.5 long arm Rock Krawler 3 link front and rear and king shocks,on and off road handling is great even at 95 mph on the interstate

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
2.5" lift mid arm and high clearance fenders will work for 37,and be low to the ground for garage clearance,i have the 3.5 long arm Rock Krawler 3 link front and rear and king shocks,on and off road handling is great even at 95 mph on the interstate

I would not recommend this advice.. The RK mid arm kit is a joke.. If your into poorly designed lift kits than look no further!

Check out Evo's Enforcer kit or JKS J Spec

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I have no experience with the mid arm,but i like my long arm a lot

Why would you recommend a 2.5" mid arm kit that you know nothing about based on your experience with a long arm kit? Those are two completely different setups..

Regardless, I do have experience with there mid arm kits and have been running one for three years.. They do not perform well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Why do you (Krubicon) continue to recommend mid arm kits when you don't even run one? They require too much fucking around with to get set up properly. If you like wasting your time getting your rig set up then by all means get a mid arm kit. If you don't just stick with one that has adjustable fronts. YOU DO NOT NEED ALL 4 ARMS with a 3.5" kit.

Jeeeep gave real solid advice. Probably don't need hydrosteer with 35's but man it sure is nice with 37's.

Edit: just re-read scull20's advice and he's spot on too. He just ran a red trail last weekend with his setup

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Just because it mounts in the same location doesn't make it the same thing. The mid arms are an inch longer to push your axle, this creates other problems.. Short arms don't do this, so they are not really the same.. mid arm is a gimmick

^^ Boom.

10 more of em

SPOOOBY

Why do you (Krubicon) continue to recommend mid arm kits when you don't even run one? They require too much fucking around with to get set up properly. If you like wasting your time getting your rig set up then by all means get a mid arm kit. If you don't just stick with one that has adjustable fronts. YOU DO NOT NEED ALL 4 ARMS with a 3.5" kit.

Jeeeep gave real solid advice. Probably don't need hydrosteer with 35's but man it sure is nice with 37's.

Only once the rest was healthy discussion and learning

Top Bottom