Tranny issues

TheDamnScoob

So I had a front seal leak. My dad's mechanic pulled the tranny and replaced it. Now the Speedo is bouncing all over. Trips a speed sensor code. And it stalls from a dead stop sometimes. And sometimes it won't shift out of first gear. We out a new speed sensor in it with no change. Of one or both of the wires to the sensor are shorting. Would that cause all of the symptoms I'm experiencing?

Sent from my VS880PP using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

While allot of people like O'Reilly's I personally have little good to say about them. I would like I said check the wires if they are good then I would check into getting the sensor from jeep to make sure it's the right one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TheDamnScoob

Update, tranny is now shifting as it's supposed to. Went through all sensor plugs. Cleaned and replugged. The Speedo is still bouncing all over, and it doesn't like to idle and seems like weak startup cold. I found a broken ground strap on rear of head. Will that cause this? That strap is supposed to go to firewall correct? Thanks for all the input everyone.

Sent from my VS880PP using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Not sure about the speedo but it could cause problems with idle. Your ground strap is to keep it properly grounded, so I would replace that strap. Not saying it is the problem, but definitely wouldn't be helping either and you should be able to get a ground strap pretty cheaply

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom