superduty axle swap

SPOOOBY

You can do it without any issues, you can also cheat your coil mounts 1 " to drivers side and add a 1" wheel spacer to the passenger side if you have any clearance issues then adjust or tighten trac bar to recenter, you can make it fit no matter what. Its still going to be a substantial investment axles, regearing,lockers, brackets,tone rings, and a welder unless you can do it all you're all your self,its a hefty investment,for a couple thousand more,you could get dynatrac and bolt it in,not to mention the warranty,just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

independentrider

You can do it without any issues, you can also cheat your coil mounts 1 " to drivers side and add a 1" wheel spacer to the passenger side if you have any clearance issues then adjust or tighten trac bar to recenter, you can make it fit no matter what. Its still going to be a substantial investment axles, regearing,lockers, brackets,tone rings, and a welder unless you can do it all you're all your self,its a hefty investment,for a couple thousand more,you could get dynatrac and bolt it in,not to mention the warranty,just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
thanks, I think about just buying dynatrac axles. $ 17,000 is too much for me. I do feel confident with the ford axle swap. thanks for the reassurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

2Cross

Caught the Bug
What is your plan for the rig?
Tire size? I've ran the 44/60 for five years with 37s and 5.7 V8 and got on the throttle without axle issues.
Superduty axles are tougher for sure but why?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grubbicon

After trying to clearance my stock tank I finally gave in and just put a fuel cell in the back of mine. Best part about that is Im now opened up to change the rear to a double triangulated 4link.
IMG_1479003564.395758.jpg

BigPrince

I'm running an 08 sterling and was able to get it to fit in the rear. Had to cut and hammer and grind on both the tank, skids, and the pinion support. Pic:
IMG_0012.JPG

Journeyman

At what point do you guys just sell your jeeps and jump to a buggy? Seams like some of you guys are trailering your JK's anyways. A purpose built buggy would probably be cheaper in the long run and do a lot better without the issues of the jk platform that you guys are dealing with.

daddyusmaximus

For some guys, there's a lot of pride in building something up. To be able to drive there, wheel hard, and drive home is a big deal. "Trailer queen" has a bad stigma to it.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
First off, if your worried about fuel tank clearance, I would run a 14 bolt in the rear. Second, it's all going to add up, why not save a few thousand more and get Dynatrac pro rock 60/60

Top Bottom