Party in the front, business in the back?

aermid

I really liked that new LOD tire carrier, and I'm thinking to get full width in the back because I'm short, and I use the stock bumpers to step on. Im leaning towards getting a shorty up front. Is it weird to have a shorty up front and a full length in the back? I've been digging around the internet and seen some pics with it, but wanted yalls thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Unless I was looking at the wrong bumper the short rear bumper still goes across the entire back just doesn't go around to the space between the wheel well and the back corner. Either one will look good I think just one protects that portion past the corner to wheel well and the other does not. But that's just going by their pictures.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I really liked that new LOD tire carrier, and I'm thinking to get full width in the back because I'm short, and I use the stock bumpers to step on. Im leaning towards getting a shorty up front. Is it weird to have a shorty up front and a full length in the back? I've been digging around the internet and seen some pics with it, but wanted yalls thoughts. Thanks.

Sounds logical. I'm only 5'5" and I find myself thinking about making sure I can climb into my Jeep (making sure my mom can get into the passenger side as she is shorter than I am). I was thinking about short in the front, and regular in the back. Still having hard time getting use to no bumper in the rear.

bthomas

Me personally, I think a full width only looks good when it blends in the with stock fender flares, like an expedition one bumper or something similar.
I think the shorty bumpers look good with just about any fender, stock, cut stock, or aftermarket.
But, it's your coloring book and crayons, do what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
it will look fine.. From what I see in the many build threads people are mixing up their bumper choices stubby, mid, full width and even different manufacturers front to rear and it all works out for them. "Eye of the beholder"

WJCO

Meme King
I don't think people would even notice. We did LOD stubby front on the wife's Jeep and EVO fascia (bumperless) on the rear. Other than the pink, I think it looks fine.

IMG_20161005_184602_355.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

It will not look weird at all. I ran a stubby bumper and fuller fenders and stock rear bumper for a long time. Looked good actually
I will see if I can dig up and old pic of my jeep

Draconianwinter

I don't think people would even notice. We did LOD stubby front on the wife's Jeep and EVO fascia (bumperless) on the rear. Other than the pink, I think it looks fine.

View attachment 231015
Betting the first thing people notice is all thay pink lol
I will say though it looks good how y'all set it up even with the pink it looks great. Not over done like I have seen on some setups. Good job turned out nice.

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479226533.402309.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479226605.644338.jpg I have a shorty-front and shorty-rear. There is plenty of surface area on the shorty-rear to use the sides as steps when cleaning the roof. Unlike the front, the rear full-size and shorty are just a few inches of width difference. The rear shorty ends are flush with the body. I believe the full-width is flush with fender-flair.

aermid

I have a shorty-front and shorty-rear. There is plenty of surface area on the shorty-rear to use the sides as steps when cleaning the roof. Unlike the front, the rear full-size and shorty are just a few inches of width difference. The rear shorty ends are flush with the body. I believe the full-width is flush with fender-flair.

Thanks for the pics!

aermid

I like the pink! :). Sometimes a lady needs to make sure people know it's not their husband's Jeep. I was torn between red and pink for accents and ended up going red (I have a plan and one of these days I'll start a build thread). But people always come up to my man telling him "nice Jeep". :p

Rear bumper ordered! Thanks for all the input. I'll get some pics up when I get it on; looks like they are running 4 weeks out. On to my next mod... lighting :)

WJCO

Meme King
I will say though it looks good how y'all set it up even with the pink it looks great. Not over done like I have seen on some setups. Good job turned out nice.

I like the pink! :). Sometimes a lady needs to make sure people know it's not their husband's Jeep. I was torn between red and pink for accents and ended up going red (I have a plan and one of these days I'll start a build thread). But people always come up to my man telling him "nice Jeep". :p

Rear bumper ordered! Thanks for all the input. I'll get some pics up when I get it on; looks like they are running 4 weeks out. On to my next mod... lighting :)

Thanks. She actually has a sticker that says 'This is not my husband's Jeep.' I don't drive that thing at all unless she drinks. I will not drive it alone, :naw: . Good luck with the bumper. Their new bumpers look great.

tdougherty81

Thanks. She actually has a sticker that says 'This is not my husband's Jeep.' I don't drive that thing at all unless she drinks. I will not drive it alone, :naw: . Good luck with the bumper. Their new bumpers look great.

I did purple accents on my wife's Renegade and told her now I can't drive it alone. lol

Top Bottom