'13 JK armor

Running a 3.5" lift and 33" tires on a Sport with a rear locker on a Dana 44. Have hit my rear pumpkin several times and was wondering which skid plate would be better the Rough Country or Rancho? I just do a little rock crawling on harder moderate trails to easier difficult trails. Also do you think I would need a skid for the driver's side exhaust pipe that makes the 360 degree loop. Have an engine and transmission plate already. Also should I add a skid to the EVAP canister? Thanks for your input.

J

JKDream

Running a 3.5" lift and 33" tires on a Sport with a rear locker on a Dana 44. Have hit my rear pumpkin several times and was wondering which skid plate would be better the Rough Country or Rancho? I just do a little rock crawling on harder moderate trails to easier difficult trails. Also do you think I would need a skid for the driver's side exhaust pipe that makes the 360 degree loop. Have an engine and transmission plate already. Also should I add a skid to the EVAP canister? Thanks for your input.

You're better off buying a stronger cover.
The cast center section is plenty strong, but the cover is definitely not.
A diff skid plate reduces your ground clearance by quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
As already stated, buy stronger covers. No need for anything else, IMO. The evap won't leave you stranded if it's damaged, but if you want to protect it, you could do that.

Top Bottom