smog test failed

wanderer

I am going to need new O2 sensors or a new cat converter or both Where is a good place with reasonable costs if not cheap in san diego county, preferably;y north county

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I seriously doubt that you need a new cat and I would try to have it pressure tested before buying something you don't need especially being that it's pricey. O2 sensors can be found at most any auto parts store although, depending on which one you need, you may find it necessary to call around.

Draconianwinter

A 2008 and you need a cat? Ummm going to agree with Eddie on this. Not likely unless you managed to puncture it while wheeling. O2 censored are possible though definitely though if those don't fix it get a pressure test done first and maybe do a tuneup on it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd take a look at the EGR valve before spending money on cat or sensors. 2008 it's probably due for a cleaning or replacement.

What codes are you getting?

Last edited:

Electric8Willy

Curious, does the Tail Exhaust smell smokey or gassy. I smell nothing coming from mine. I'd also pull a Spark Plug and do a visual on the electrode. Is it clean gray or dark sutty.

Top Bottom