New 2017 JK/JKU Factory LED Headlight Pictures

longarmwj

I know there is a lot of discussion on this forum about headlight quality, and lack of factory headlight light output. I'm sure most people by now know that the new 17 Wranglers have LED headlights AND fog lights as an option, and I'm a CDJR sales consultant so I figured I would get some pictures for you all here to get an idea of the kind of light output these provide.

First here is all the lights off:
IMG_1479252359.868203.jpg

Fog lights only on:
IMG_1479252390.464041.jpg

Low beams without fog lights:
IMG_1479252416.813262.jpg

Low beams and fog lights:
IMG_1479252436.855282.jpg

High beams
IMG_1479252458.930380.jpg

One thing the pictures don't really show is how far the high beams actually throw light. I was impressed with the range with them on high. Figured since I had access I would show the actual output instead of just pictures of the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Looks way better than my stock lights on my 2014. Thanks for taking the pics.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Thanks for posting this. Those lights seem pretty impressive for a factory option!

I was super impressed by the light output!! They have a way better spread then the incandescent lights and for sure better range.

BobNH

That first pic looks just like my 08 with the lights on...
That is a great factory lighting pattern, outstanding improvement. Looks as bright as my wife's 09 Subi.

Robertcrav

Thought there was a thread already for these.... but here's the cutoff up against the garage...this is from my wife's 2017 20161107_195815.jpg

And also a closeup pic from the Web
IMG_20161107_200827.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know if the new headlights are compatable with older models?

Not 100% sure but I couldn't see why they wouldn't be. From what I could see and tell, they just look like standard 7" round LED headlights. You should be able to plug and play.

Eddie are they brighter than the Led's you had years ago in your white Jeep?

Oh yeah. Or, I should say, I'm pretty sure they are as I have not done a side by side test of them. LED headlight technology and design has come a long way since the ones I had on my white Jeep years ago.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Not 100% sure but I couldn't see why they wouldn't be. From what I could see and tell, they just look like standard 7" round LED headlights. You should be able to plug and play.

Oh yeah. Or, I should say, I'm pretty sure they are as I have not done a side by side test of them. LED headlight technology and design has come a long way since the ones I had on my white Jeep years ago.

They will fit and plug right in, yes. It will just come down to anti flicker. Many people don't notice it. From the factory there are no anti flicks harnesses, they simply shut off the pwm in the headlamp control so it sends constant voltage. If you put them in an older jk the tipm will still be sending pwm. U could likely adapt trucklite, jw speaker, etc anti flicker harnesses but would probably have to swap plugs on them. I know my truck lights the anti flicker converts from h4 to h13. The factory ones will need same type plugs on both ends.

gheller

I was impressed too with the LED light package on my 17 JKU WW. I'd been meaning to take some pics at night, but the spread is about 45 deg to each side and everything in front with no dead spots. The high beams seem to shoot straight ahead for miles. Fogs are excellent as well with a wide spread and even illumination just in front of the Jeep.
For just under 600.00, the LED light package is an excellent value.
Rumor has it that the LED headlights are made by JWS.
I cant quite make out the name on the back of the fogs, even googling variations came up with nothing.

Attachments

• Garys 2017 JKU Willys Front Headlight.jpg
    Garys 2017 JKU Willys Front Headlight.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1758.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 83

WJCO

Meme King
I was impressed too with the LED light package on my 17 JKU WW. I'd been meaning to take some pics at night, but the spread is about 45 deg to each side and everything in front with no dead spots. The high beams seem to shoot straight ahead for miles. Fogs are excellent as well with a wide spread and even illumination just in front of the Jeep.
For just under 600.00, the LED light package is an excellent value.
Rumor has it that the LED headlights are made by JWS.
I cant quite make out the name on the back of the fogs, even googling variations came up with nothing.

Myotek: http://myotek.com/products/

jeffd

They will fit and plug right in, yes. It will just come down to anti flicker. Many people don't notice it. From the factory there are no anti flicks harnesses, they simply shut off the pwm in the headlamp control so it sends constant voltage. If you put them in an older jk the tipm will still be sending pwm. U could likely adapt trucklite, jw speaker, etc anti flicker harnesses but would probably have to swap plugs on them. I know my truck lights the anti flicker converts from h4 to h13. The factory ones will need same type plugs on both ends.

a dealer can update any 07-17 jks to use the new led's or any other brand so they wont flicker via the witech by adding LED lights option code to your vin .

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
a dealer can update any 07-17 jks to use the new led's or any other brand so they wont flicker via the witech by adding LED lights option code to your vin .
The TIPM software for 2017 is new, u can't use the witech to add a sales code that doesn't exist in the older TIPM software. Maybe if you upgrade the TIPM to 2017 version but that can create other issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom