35/10.50/17 on stock rims

kb3ejw

i have searched and they all come up with 35/12.50's on stock rims,they all use spacers to move the stock rim out a little to avoid rubbing.

I am looking at the Super Swamper SSR 35/10.50/17 skinny tire.i run the pinelnads on NJ alot and found that the skinny tires do better than the wider tires do.
is anyone running a similar setup on their jku??

thank you in advance for your thoughts
Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, those are pizza cutters, didn't even know people still ran tires like that. :crazyeyes:
Is it safe to assume you play in deep mud and are just looking to cut down to solid ground? Or, in what way do you find skinny tires to be an advantage?

JKBANDIT55

I always thought wider tires gave you the advantage because the wider the tire, the more tire you have on the ground which leads to more traction.

Honestly I dont think I would like 35" tire that skinny. Like Eddie said, "pizza cutter". Watch Eddie latest JKX video, they all have 37"-42" tires with a width of 12.5" and bigger and they did very good in that slick mud. Also, they use those same tires for every type of wheeling and they perform very well.

I would get the spacers and go with a 12.5" wide. The looks and stance will be much better, and the engineers that make the tires that wide for a 35" make them that way for a reason. Im sure its the best width combination for that size tire.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
35x12.50 is a good size tire and one that will give you a nice footprint. It really is a perfect size for a mid-size build and one that can be bummed off of most anyone or found just about anywhere in the event you needed a replacement in a pinch.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think in that part of Jersey they have the thick swamp like mud so the pizza cutters would help in that sense. But I think a set of 12.5's would do fine with an 8" wide wheel. Wouldn't be too wide and would still be able to cut through the mud.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Wow, those are pizza cutters, didn't even know people still ran tires like that. :crazyeyes:
Is it safe to assume you play in deep mud and are just looking to cut down to solid ground? Or, in what way do you find skinny tires to be an advantage?

"pizza cutters":cheesy::cheesy:....I don't think I will look at a set of tires the same way again:D

kb3ejw

yes,the "pizza cutters"work the best in the pines imho.i was running 255/80/16's on my D2 and they never let me down.

there are some holes that will swallow trucks whole in the pines,if it's the rainy season.we do go to RC but most of my wheeling is in the pines.it's closer and cheaper.
i may end up with the 35/12.50.which means i will need spacers for my stock rims??

JKBANDIT55

yes,the "pizza cutters"work the best in the pines imho.i was running 255/80/16's on my D2 and they never let me down.

there are some holes that will swallow trucks whole in the pines,if it's the rainy season.we do go to RC but most of my wheeling is in the pines.it's closer and cheaper.
i may end up with the 35/12.50.which means i will need spacers for my stock rims??

Yes you will need at least 1.5" spacers.

Top Bottom