Axle Pumpkin Scrapping

Keep scrapping the bottom of JK Dana 44 Pumpkin. Now it is seeping fluid very, very slowly. Was wondering if it's worth getting a Differential Glide (Skid) plate and if it's worth losing some ground clearance? Appreciate your thoughts.

WJCO

Meme King
Keep scrapping the bottom of JK Dana 44 Pumpkin. Now it is seeping fluid very, very slowly. Was wondering if it's worth getting a Differential Glide (Skid) plate and if it's worth losing some ground clearance? Appreciate your thoughts.

Seeping from cover? Or is there a small hole in the pumpkin now? I wouldn't get a skid if you don't have to. I have one on the 44 for my WJ because the pumpkin is aluminum.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I don't think the loss of ground clearance is worth it. I recommend pulling your stock cover, trimming it so that the lip of the cover is above the pumpkin and reinstall. Rocks will have a harder time grabbing the bottom of the cover.

desertrunner

I put one on my last JK after scraping the diff a few times and as you can see in the last picture it did get scraped up a bit but i think that was just because it was lower than everything else. I dont think its really all that necessary, its low heavy and makes it a pain in the ass to service the diff, I dont think it prevented any damage it was just another thing to scrape along the rocks. I will not be buying another one this time around.

IMAG0247.jpg
IMAG0270.jpg
IMAG1130.jpg

Top Bottom