Rough Country Differential Sikd for rear axle Dana 44

Was wondering if anyone uses a Rough Country Rear Differential Skid plate for a Dana 44 axle. Do you like it? How much ground clearance have you lost? Any positive or negative feedback?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're really interested in a diff skid, may I recommend you give the Rancho rock gear a look instead? Rancho's Rock Gear line of products are made well, are affordable and they help to support WAYALIFE. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I wouldn't use a skid for the rear. You will lose some ground clearance. Best thing to do is pick better lines. If your worried about your diff cover than upgrade to something much thicker like the dynatrac cover

Dynatrac vs stock
IMG_1479399036.530943.jpg .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

If you're really interested in a diff skid, may I recommend you give the Rancho rock gear a look instead? Rancho's Rock Gear line of products are made well, are affordable and they help to support WAYALIFE. :yup:
Not to mention unless I am mistaken rancho is made in this country and rough country is made in China.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to mention unless I am mistaken rancho is made in this country and rough country is made in China.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most of Rancho products are made in the USA and if I recall, their line of Rock Gear products are all made here. I know a few of their products are made in Australia but I'd rather have that then China.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Most of Rancho products are made in the USA and if I recall, their line of Rock Gear products are all made here. I know a few of their products are made in Australia but I'd rather have that then China.

i wouldnt think they would outsource to australia to make parts cheaper... Id trust "Made in Australia" :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i wouldnt think they would outsource to australia to make parts cheaper... Id trust "Made in Australia" :cheesy:

LOL!! Seriously, go figure. If I recall, their knuckles are made in Australia. I've been to their manufacturing plant in Long Beach, CA and it's quite the operation there. It was cool to see everything from shocks being made to suspension parts. Unlike other manufacturers I've seen, everything there is super clean and organized like a library.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yeah when it comes to the knuckles it comes down to cost and getting into a foundry. Where even a relatively "big" run/investment from our end, isn't that "big" to a lot of foundries here.
And yes our glide skid is made here.
They work, you lose a little clearance, but they work.

DSC02543_zpsbiopvapc.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
I trusted Rancho with my shocks and am not disappointing for a second.
Don't have experience with their skids but it is safe to assume the quality is one of the best on the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
:blush:

All I /we want to try and do is be honest and helpful.
I keep putting years under my belt in this biz, but I still remember looking for help back in the day and remember how some vendors acted, good and bad, and it stuck with me.
Everyday I think, "Wonder what surprise is going to come up and make me think differently?"
:beer:

Thank YOU for being awesome and making outstanding products! :standing wave::drinks:

Top Bottom