Regear and locker install

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a trick question? I would expect that you would have a locker and new gears installed. :idontknow:

WJCO

Meme King
I would expect it to be pretty complete. If it has a master install kit, bearings will be replaced. Seals are typically not included.

agiron

A guy was referred to me as a great guy to install gears and lockers. He quoted 840 for gears from and rear, 60 to install the locker and 100 to install my brake lines and bleed them.

I had already installed the twin compressor and switches installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
A guy was referred to me as a great guy to install gears and lockers. He quoted 840 for gears from and rear, 60 to install the locker and 100 to install my brake lines and bleed them.

Seems like good prices.

USMC Wrangler

Seems like good prices.

I'd say so, or I have a rip off artist near me. I was quoted double that for gears front and back and locking only the rear with an Eaton E Locker.

agiron

I agree, when I picked up the jeep the locker was installed with no hosing ran, nothing was connected to the spod, I expected install to be complete. Am I crazy or?

WJCO

Meme King
I'd say so, or I have a rip off artist near me. I was quoted double that for gears front and back and locking only the rear with an Eaton E Locker.

From what I've seen, 1500-1600 is pretty normal for parts and labor for both axles with no lockers. ORE has a damn good price at 999.

WJCO

Meme King
I agree, when I picked up the jeep the locker was installed with no hosing ran, nothing was connected to the spod, I expected install to be complete. Am I crazy or?

I would consider routing lines and wires extra unless it was discussed otherwise to begin with. Running a wire properly can take a couple hours. It's easy but time-consuming.

USMC Wrangler

From what I've seen, 1500-1600 is pretty normal for parts and labor for both axles with no lockers. ORE has a damn good price at 999.

Yeah, when I'm ready, I may just bring Spider out to ORE when I'm visiting family out that way. Time will tell.

Ok, sorry for the hijack and thanks WJCO.

Top Bottom