Ram Assist

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
my steering gear is toast. I really don't want to spend $500 on another weak link gearbox. I would Love to go PSC, but there is just no way that I can swing the additional cost right now. I have found a company West Texas Offroad that will rebuild the box, port it and include the basic ram, hoses etc. for under $600. i can later upgrade the pump and add a cooler as well. I think I have seen some discussion on here in passing about this company. does anyone run there ram kit? good/bad experience? do they hold up well?

Even if i add $400 to complete the kit I am still 1/2 of the cost over PSC. I know the old saying you get what you pay for, but would love to hear some first hand experience

Jackal01

I went to their website but I did not find anything on that service. I wanted to read up on it. Not something they advertise?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Looks like there are 2 different companies. No spacing and no dashes in name. The kit is called the redneck ram. Might help you find the correct site.

Rottenbelly

I have run the redneck ram for 4 years and close to 80k on it. Drove the jeep all across the U.S to offroad parks with it .Never had a problem with it. I plan on putting another one on my 2nd jeep here shortly.
I did the stage 2 kit. Still on the same stock steering pump.
I did add a in line can cooler on the return line and a small filter.

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I have run the redneck ram for 4 years and close to 80k on it. Drove the jeep all across the U.S to offroad parks with it .Never had a problem with it. I plan on putting another one on my 2nd jeep here shortly.
I did the stage 2 kit. Still on the same stock steering pump.
I did add a in line can cooler on the return line and a small filter.

Did you get the cooler from them? Do you still run ATF+4 after the update?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom