4wd selector cable

dkjk

So after a fun day of wheelin with some buds, I go to put my JK back in 2 hi and the selection lever had no resistance whatsoever! I removed the center console and of course I found the cable disconnected. Obviously the stock hardware is crap! Is there anything that I can do to fasten the cable back and make sure this NEVER happens again?

dahreno

Banned
Same thing happened to me when my jk was new , I brought it back to the dealer and they fixed it . Now I think I am a little more careful and it hasn't happened again . By the way , that was over 5 years ago !

snopro

Banned
So after a fun day of wheelin with some buds, I go to put my JK back in 2 hi and the selection lever had no resistance whatsoever! I removed the center console and of course I found the cable disconnected. Obviously the stock hardware is crap! Is there anything that I can do to fasten the cable back and make sure this NEVER happens again?

Goto advanced adapters website and there's an upgrade to replace the factory cable to a better option.

dkjk

Yeah it's speedy, and my friend said its kinda a chore to put in but it's worth it

It looks like a chore. I watched the video of the installation on the website. I'm sure with a press and some other good tools it wouldn't be too bad.

dkjk

Got it all fixed up! $2 part gave me a lot of grief but it got handles. I am gonna save up and get that upgrade though. I don't wanna have to deal with this again.

Top Bottom