evo dtd install

independentrider

To the folks that have installed the EVO DTD themselves. I have not ordered the suspension kit yet, but I would like for you to share your experience and knowledge or point me in the right direction for the installation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

To the folks that have installed the EVO DTD themselves. I have not ordered the suspension kit yet, but I would like for you to share your experience and knowledge or point me in the right direction for the installation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think I saw a thread recently that someone on Wayalife did it by themselves. Let me see if I can find it and I'll post the link.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
It's a very in depth install. I ordered all the Evo DTD parts on various sales, and when I was ready I drove my Jeep out to Offroad Evolution to have the pros install it. Since you're in Cali I'd consider that as a best option. Their install labor quote was better than any of the shops near me in the Phoenix Valley area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's a very in depth install. I ordered all the Evo DTD parts on various sales, and when I was ready I drove my Jeep out to Offroad Evolution to have the pros install it. Since you're in Cali I'd consider that as a best option. Their install labor quote was better than any of the shops near me in the Phoenix Valley area.

Did this as well... best advice!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Oem brake lines will rip off if you try to use it with the DTD. It flexes enough to drop the top of my 40" tires well below the rock slider.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Offroad Evolution provided the front brake lines on my Jeep as well. The lines they sell are high quality steel braided lines that are covered in a clear sleeve to prevent chafing wear on the steel braids. As for drive shafts, I've got JE Reel shafts: a 1350 up front and a 1410 in the rear. Depending on the axles you're running, you'll likely want 1350 front and rear.

The wheel speed sensor is unhooked from any brackets if you plan to run stock axles, and zip ties to the brake line like this pic. This is on an XD60 but should give you an idea how everything is routed.

IMG_5703.jpg

Just like in Blazin's pic, you can see how much slack is in the front brake lines at ride height, to make sure there is enough line for the droop that the DTD provides. You want the same in the rear.

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom