Teach Me Wise Ones

Munky

********New Question Post #15 ***** If I need to start a new thread then I will.

So I have a 2012 JKU, with a Rough Country 2.5" coil life with shocks. I know not the greats lift but for the money I like it a lot. Also have 35/12.50/17 Maxxis Big Horns on Procomp Series 51 wheels. I have noticed that my rear wheels have been hitting my stock fenders and knocking them off the clips. Money wise it would be worth me getting bump stop extensions but I can't see to find what I'm looking for. I read in a few different places to get the same size extensions as the lift but I can't seem to find 2.5" ones. Does anyone know if the Teraflex 2.75" ones will work and not rob me to much of up travel? Was thinking I could get those and then cut 1/4" off the stock bumpstops.

Yes I know going with new fenders would be the best bet but they are crazy expensive and I would rather buy a new front bumper and winch, before going to new fenders.

Beau

Last edited:

Munky

Sku 1119. That's the RC bump stop extension part number

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, for 3" and bigger though. Talking to RC now "we don't make a bumpstop kit for that lift, as the shock has them built in. might want to try quadratic or summit off road" Really come on man

Last edited:
J

JKDream

So I have a 2012 JKU, with a Rough Country 2.5" coil life with shocks. I know not the greats lift but for the money I like it a lot. Also have 35/12.50/17 Maxxis Big Horns on Procomp Series 51 wheels. I have noticed that my rear wheels have been hitting my stock fenders and knocking them off the clips. Money wise it would be worth me getting bump stop extensions but I can't see to find what I'm looking for. I read in a few different places to get the same size extensions as the lift but I can't seem to find 2.5" ones. Does anyone know if the Teraflex 2.75" ones will work and not rob me to much of up travel? Was thinking I could get those and then cut 1/4" off the stock bumpstops.

Yes I know going with new fenders would be the best bet but they are crazy expensive and I would rather buy a new front bumper and winch, before going to new fenders.

Beau

Since you mentioned you didn't want to cut your fenders, there are 2.5 extensions.
Teraflex makes a set, speedbumps, however they aren't the foam in a can fake air bumps.
You wouldn't have any issues shaving a 3 inch bumpstop down either.

Munky

Since you mentioned you didn't want to cut your fenders, there are 2.5 extensions.
Teraflex makes a set, speedbumps, however they aren't the foam in a can fake air bumps.
You wouldn't have any issues shaving a 3 inch bumpstop down either.

yeah new issue is nobody will ship the PO BOX that is my only current address at this duty station.

jeeeep

Hooked
go to a sporting good store and get some hockey pucks and a longer bolt. stack them to the height you need and bolt them in place. the top puck drill the a sunken hole to allow the bolt head to sit just below the surface - use a washer under the bolt head to keep it from digging into the puck.

USMC Wrangler

I know you are a little reluctant, but two of the easiest and least expensive modifications I've done is factory fender flare chopping and hockey puck bump stop extensions.

Both do take a bit of work, (well fender chop is more labor intensive than the pucks IMO), but well worth it. Then you can save all that coin for other upgrades you mentioned.

I had the same PO Box issues when on active duty. As someone else mentioned, talk to someone who has a physical address. If I were near you, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Munky

***Update***
Ended up getting the RC Bumpstops, haven't been wheelin yet. Though I haven't heard my tires hit the fenders going over the tracks that i use to hear it at.

Next question though

What is this panel called? and where can I buy one?

IMG_8050.jpg

It houses the driver side speaker, I cut it to put in the switch months ago. Going to install Painless Performance Trail Rocker system, so i don't want a hole looking me in the face. They have to have replacements somewhere, its the same location that Rubicon Switches go.

Top Bottom