So I wanna ditch my spare...

ScoobyCarolanNC

I don't know why really, just for looks. Thing is I want to keep my 3rd brake light. Driving in Raleigh is nuts, I call it thunderdome. Anyway, I looked around and didn't see any slick solutions that either center mount the plate or cover the tailgate & have a brake light. Any ideas??

Sent from my duck blind.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Then again no it's not....can I have it?:cheesy::cheesy:

I remember a few years back my wife and I were on a trip. The road had some type of rock on it that loved to put holes in tires...and it did. I am glad I had a spare I was in the middle of nowhere and had to drive into a small town with a donut spare. This was a rental car. Well we were on a long trip and I made it to the only tire company there 30 minutes before they were to close and he had told me that road has made him a lot of money. It is like this. When you have it you don't need it, but when you do you don't.

Last edited:

BobNH

I have never yet seen a club that doesn't require a full size spare to go on a run. And it really doesn't make sense to run even on the street without a spare, and full size is the way to go.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Stupidest Fad ever, people who stop running a spare because they run big tires, clearly have never had a tire slashed open by one of those metal plates they put to cover holes in the road...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If your gonna ditch your spare at least still carry it in the back of your jeep for if you get a flat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it's just me but having a spare on the back of a Wrangler IS a big part of what makes it a Wrangler. Without the spare, a Wrangler just looks like another SUV. But hey, that's just me.

As mentioned, if you're going to remove it from the back, do yourself a favor and carry it inside. Just my 2¢

bones37

I also use the ORO led plate. I keep the spare in back. Looks great on a 2 door in my opinion.

160.jpg

ScoobyCarolanNC

Yeah I know it's stupid. Sometimes I just look at it and don't like how it all looks. Maybe I'll just get rid of the factory 3rd brake light & try something else but keep the tire.

Sent from my duck blind.

GraniteCrystal

Yeah I know it's stupid. Sometimes I just look at it and don't like how it all looks. Maybe I'll just get rid of the factory 3rd brake light & try something else but keep the tire.

Sent from my duck blind.
I cut mine down because I didn't like the look of the light over the tire. Details in build thread if that helps.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Top Bottom