SPOD always supposed to be hot?

Pursesnatcher

Hello all

I know there has been some flack against the SPOD system on the forum, however I got a great deal on a used unit from benatc1 (thanks Ben) on the sale forum.

I got it all installed last night, and I just want to make sure I didn't wire anything wrong! Is the system always supposed to be hot? I just want to make sure the the power isn't supposed to go to only go to the system when the vehicle is turned on.

Thanks in advance

Colin

EDIT: please navigate to post #6 for the email from SPOD with a response to this!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I don't have one, however you can control that yourself depending on whether you wired it to 12VBAT or 12VIGN. If you wired it to the battery, it will always be hot. If you wired it to the ignition, it will only be hot when key is on. If you had instructions and wired it the way they told you to do it, it should be what it is then. And their company ethics still blow.

tgoss

If you used the reg harness direct to the battery it will always be hot regardless of ignition position.

Pursesnatcher

Contacted customer support! The system runs hot all the time, and shuts off if it notices battery voltage dropping.

EDIT: see the email from SPOD below!

Last edited:

Sullivan

I don't think there is a need to delete the thread. Problems or not with sPod, this is just someone asking for some insight. Just don't want people to be discouraged from asking questions or for help.

That being said, yes it will always be hot. So unless you have the higher end one with the light shut off button, the switches will be lite up all the time. But it will shut down once it senses the battery draw down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pursesnatcher

I don't think there is a need to delete the thread. Problems or not with sPod, this is just someone asking for some insight. Just don't want people to be discouraged from asking questions or for help.

That being said, yes it will always be hot. So unless you have the higher end one with the light shut off button, the switches will be lite up all the time. But it will shut down once it senses the battery draw down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great point! Here is the email I received back when I sent my inquiry into SPOD

Yes our system works regardless if the Jeep is running or not.
You have installed it correctly.
We attach directly to the battery. so our system is live all the time.
We have many safety features that protect the sPOD system and the vehicles battery.
If a switch was inadvertently left on, our system constantly monitors the battery, so if the voltage drops to 11.2 volts or below, our system will shut off until the engine is started.
If you have our dual lit LED switches, those should be turned off when not in use. This is done by pushing the small black button once for on and once more for off (located on the left side of the first switch).

Slimebones

I don't have one, however you can control that yourself depending on whether you wired it to 12VBAT or 12VIGN. If you wired it to the battery, it will always be hot. If you wired it to the ignition, it will only be hot when key is on. If you had instructions and wired it the way they told you to do it, it should be what it is then. And their company ethics still blow.
Well stated!!!!

Top Bottom