EVO Long ARM and Bolt-on Coilover - issue Rear Sway Bar - on John Bull Trail

rampagejk

I am at Big Bear Lake for thanksgiving holiday. My brothers and I went to different trails and went to John Bull Trail but there is snow on rocks - anyway my jeep got slip and hit big rock on rear - got off position - rear driveshaft hit gas tank and rear driver side - out of control on rear sway bar. seem that rear sway bar got flip opposite. Anyway was able to pull the rear wheel in right position. Now I am concerning. Why the stock rear sway bar flop? What I supposed to do? Get Anti-Rock sway bar? Advise?

JK rear sway bar.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Big flex is a quality problem. Sounds like you have your sway bar links set too short. You don't want antirocks to limit your flex.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Journeyman

Aren't those the adjustable Evo sway bars links? You could adjust them a bit longer if needed. Kind of hard to understand what you did with your writing description [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am at Big Bear Lake for thanksgiving holiday. My brothers and I went to different trails and went to John Bull Trail but there is snow on rocks - anyway my jeep got slip and hit big rock on rear - got off position - rear driveshaft hit gas tank and rear driver side - out of control on rear sway bar. seem that rear sway bar got flip opposite. Anyway was able to pull the rear wheel in right position. Now I am concerning. Why the stock rear sway bar flop? What I supposed to do? Get Anti-Rock sway bar? Advise?

View attachment 231998

Well for one it doesn't look like your bolt on you sway bar links are torqued cause it looks like it's about to fall out. Also those sway bar links are adjustable so you can extend them on both sides.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Definitely need to legthen your sway bar links, or buy new ones if they won't adjust to be long enough. As for your driveshaft hitting the gas tank, could be because your axle is shifted over to the passenger side. Looks like you have a raised track bar bracket, and also have an adjustable track bar. Is it properly adjusted Is it bent at all? even with a ProRock 80 and 1410 driveshaft, I don't come close to rubbing the driveshaft on the gas tank, so something might be loose, bent, out of adjustment.

I noticed you have a RH gas tank skid. I noticed that my drive line hit on the skid too. I never thought too much flex would be bad. It's not!!!! Trim your skid and cut off that back corner and it won't hit any more. I don't have a picture of how I did mine but can take one when I get back from the holidays if you want.

rampagejk

Definitely need to legthen your sway bar links, or buy new ones if they won't adjust to be long enough. As for your driveshaft hitting the gas tank, could be because your axle is shifted over to the passenger side. Looks like you have a raised track bar bracket, and also have an adjustable track bar. Is it properly adjusted Is it bent at all? even with a ProRock 80 and 1410 driveshaft, I don't come close to rubbing the driveshaft on the gas tank, so something might be loose, bent, out of adjustment.

Ok - thank you for tipping. Will check when we arrive home from Big Bear to home (Northern CA).

rampagejk

I noticed you have a RH gas tank skid. I noticed that my drive line hit on the skid too. I never thought too much flex would be bad. It's not!!!! Trim your skid and cut off that back corner and it won't hit any more. I don't have a picture of how I did mine but can take one when I get back from the holidays if you want.

Sure - after holiday - show me picture what you did on your jeep. Thanks!

Top Bottom