Just bought new exhaust!

SoCalDozer

Bought the dynomax competition 07-11 2 door exhaust. Wanted a pre axle dump and that isnt offered for the 12's so I bought the 07-11 and just plan to "make it work" somehow. I will see when I get it if that involves a welder or not.

SoCalDozer

I will show you how it turns out once I get back to the states in 2 weeks. I got it for 140 bucks off amazon so I couldnt pass it up

Jchet729

I'm curious too how it works out for you. I'm sure I saw a dual tip somewhere that I thought looked pretty cool but can't find it again now. After watching the video last month and some of those JKs just sounded way sick!! I can't wait to open mine up and get that throaty sound outta him, he's got a voice just waiting to be heard....

Jchet729

I'm also wondering about the aftermarket headers, does the JK really respond much to a full exhuast treatment?

Jchet729

Ok so now how do we get some first hand knowledge on the header situation.? I haven't figured out everything about this site yet, somebody tag Eddie and see what he knows....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok so now how do we get some first hand knowledge on the header situation.? I haven't figured out everything about this site yet, somebody tag Eddie and see what he knows....

If you start a thread about headers with questions it will get more responses from those who have the experience.

dchew

We have a custom header manufacturer right here in my backyard. I'm going to them this week to see what they think. I don't know of any standard headers available for the 3.6L

Dave

highoctane

Caught the Bug
We have a custom header manufacturer right here in my backyard. I'm going to them this week to see what they think. I don't know of any standard headers available for the 3.6L

Dave

You won't find a set of headers, ever, anywhere for the 3.6, since the exhaust manifold, if you want to call it hat, is built into the cylinder head. There is one single pipe coming out of the cyl head that is the exhaust for all 3 cylinders on that bank. They all merge into one inside the head.

SoCalDozer

Finally back in SoCal and got my exhaust. Mocked it up and have to get some trimming done but it is going to work better than expected and I will post up install info for putting on a 12' and some pics.

SoCalDozer

Installed it and it doesn't line up perfectly but I was able to make it work. Only needed one hangar to hold it securely. The one next to the rear axle worked with some twisting of the rubber mount and mounting the hangar that was supplied a little sideways as you can see in the picture. I just used the existing bolt hole from the evap skid. I'm going to look for some different rubber mount that might work a little better.
Extremely pleased with the sound as well.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360363705.189321.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360363719.083382.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom