Warn winch ZEON do i really need a Platinum 10-S

JKU Arizona

Here is my dilemma, in the past couple weeks i have come across some good deals for some accessories and parts for the Jeep; ARB cooler and awning, Differential cover, Dana 44 5.13 gears and rebuild kit from Alloy, at a ridiculously low price and all new in the box from a local shop. I would post prices but I don't want to make anyone sick on how cheap i bought the items. We'll now i came across a Warn ZEON 10-S Platinum from the same shop. I have convince myself that i need it (want it, it's a thing of beauty) but do i really "need" it? My plans were to Upgrade the following first before I look into getting a new Winch: gears, ball joints, C Gussets, Tires from 35 to 37" and somewhere in-between a new lift then a new winch. The local shop has a brand new one that they removed from a Jeep they took to SEMA. I was there picking up some parts I had purchased from them and when i asked about the price they said $950 out the door. Right now I have a cheap Smittybilt XRC-8 that I've used like 3x's and it worked well the times I needed it. Here is why I'm questioning if i "need" it. I live in AZ and wheel mostly around here, I've never encounter deep mud or encounter a real vertical incline where i need help getting the Jeep over it. I usually wheel with my Family in the Jeep (wife and 3 kids) so nothing to crazy like some of you guys on here. A lot of the times we wheel by ourselves because we like to just get away at a short times notice. My wife is graduating from nursing school in the next couple of weeks so now we'll have more free time to hit the trails this coming year. We are planning a lot more adventures and hoping to do the Rubicon and Moab sometimes in the summer. I know when i decide to upgrade i'm going with a Warn and i'm sure i'm going to spend around this price or more the question is should i just dig into the squirrel fund and buy it now or continue with my plans and upgrade later?

Happy Thanksgiving WAL

Warn Winch.jpg

JeepJeep75

Dude, get the Warn! If you know you're gonna replace your current winch with a better one, why pass up on a great deal? You can also sell the Smitty to recover some of your cost. That's the direction I would go.

ROBnTANK

I'd say pass on the warn and upgrade what you need right now.

That is a great deal on the Warn so just PM me the address of the shop and I'll pick it up. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU Arizona

Kind of agree with WJCO on this, but at the same time that is a stupidly good deal. Literally 100 more than I paid for a vr10000. Tough call

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's what i was thinking. When i decide to upgrade i could just go with a VR series and save some bucks.

That's a crazy deal! Buy that winch! You'll never need another winch your entire life

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's a good point and reason i'm really considering this one. It's a one time big purchase and i wont have to worry about upgrading it later. if i do decided to wait it would probably be between a non Plantinum ZEON or a VR, just depends on how good the money tree is doing then.

I hate to say it because I love my Zeon, but I have to agree. If you had less on your "to-do" list, I'd say go for it. However, I'd use the money elsewhere first. Really good deal nonetheless.

The to-do list are things i want to eventually do. I'm currently running a 2.5" lift and 35" tires that still have a good amount of life left so i could get by with what i have for sometime.

Run the winch you have, until it breaks, or until you have extra money. That's what I'm doing.

Extra money??? what's that??? I hate waiting till things break, i hope and cross my fingers that it doesn't decide to break while stuck somewhere. My current Smittybuilt I bought it used from a person that had it mounted on his bumper but never wired in he had it for looks only and never wired it. The wiring kit and remote were still new.

JKU Arizona

I'd say pass on the warn and upgrade what you need right now.

That is a great deal on the Warn so just PM me the address of the shop and I'll pick it up. LOL

yeah no problem, if i decide not to buy it i'll send you over the name and address of the shop. I don't really "need" anything right now. I think i could get by with what i have for a while.

ROBnTANK

yeah no problem, if i decide not to buy it i'll send you over the name and address of the shop. I don't really "need" anything right now. I think i could get by with what i have for a while.

It was a joke about sending me the address via PM. If you don't pick it up hopefully it finds a good Jeep that will put it to use. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tanktitan

When I bought my ZEON 10S in February this year, the people at Rubitrux said they were having technical issues with the Platinum wireless and they advised going with the wired 10S. Seems that they would have this resolved by now, but you might check to see when this one was made.

WJCO

Meme King
When I bought my ZEON 10S in February this year, the people at Rubitrux said they were having technical issues with the Platinum wireless and they advised going with the wired 10S. Seems that they would have this resolved by now, but you might check to see when this one was made.

I didn't know they were having issues, but that's the main reason I didn't want a platinum. I didn't want to deal with the chance of wireless not working.

scull20

I didn't know they were having issues, but that's the main reason I didn't want a platinum. I didn't want to deal with the chance of wireless not working.

I don't have a winch, but in eyeing them up, I felt the same exact way...didn't want to fuss with the wireless, or dealing with dead batteries, etc.

daddyusmaximus

Normally I would say let it slide because you already have a winch that works, but finding items for sale at good prices is hard to resist. I never seem to have the cash on hand at the time, but if I did, I'd jump on it and mount the old one in the rear or sell it.

Top Bottom