Building of Defcon 3

Defcon3JKU

Figured I would make a build thread. I've been a WAYALIFE member for as long as I've had my Jeep but never got around to a build thread.

It's a 2015 JKU Sahara. I bought it used and it come with the Rough Country 2" spacer lift on 35x12.50x20's. being this is my first Jeep I have learned a lot on this form that makes me wish I would have never bought my Jeep this way but I did get it for a good deal. My first time taking it off road I noticed even without disconnecting the sway bar I was going to rip my front and rear fenders off. My first upgrade was the Smittybuilt metal flat fenders, I wish I would have cut the stock ones now. This fixed my scrubbing but I miss my painted Stock fenders.
20160327_164435.jpg
20160327_164519.jpg
20160327_164959.jpg
20160410_214235.jpg
20160420_204259.jpg
I had a buddy of mine make me some Defcon 3 decals and they turned out great. In case your wondering why input the 3 in there, yellow is the color code for defcon 3. After reading a bunch of your guys builds and watching WAYALIFE YouTube channels, I knew which way I wanted to go with my build. My amazing wife saw how much I loved EVO MFG products and bought me the 1/4" Pounder front bumper with Revolution Stinger and the rear D-ring shackle mounts.
20160724_090328.jpg
20160724_090054.jpg
IMG_0675.JPG
I finally got around to cutting the rear frame for the shackle mounts. This was a new experience for me and I fell in love doing it. I was scared to mess it up because I had never used a grinder in my life, but it turned out great.
IMG_0980.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Defcon3JKU

My build wants is a huge list of parts that I'm not going to list but as I get them I will update my build thread. My main goal is ProRock 60s on 40x13.50x17s. My next purchase will be a Warn VR 10-S Gen II, might order that this weekend. Love the support from this community and thanks for all the advice everyone gives. It's communities like this that makes the Jeeping life style more than just an experience!

Defcon3JKU

Well we have had some crazy weather down in south AL this new year and my house and Jeep got hit by a tornado. On a plus no one was hurt but we had tons of damage. After I get insurance money for my Jeep I'll be ordering a lot of parts. Here is some of the parts I'll be ordering soon. Evo aluminum rock skins and guards, Evo rock sliders, Evo led tail lights, Evo tire carrier, Warn VR10-S Gen 2, Bestop Trextop NX Black Twill, upgrading to 4.88 gears, Rigid Industries A-series bright whites (for reverse lights), and a couple of other items. I'm getting all body armor powder coated and the guy said he can probably match my Baja Yellow. If he can I'll do the skins color matched and everything else black.

TRLJNKY

Well we have had some crazy weather down in south AL this new year and my house and Jeep got hit by a tornado. On a plus no one was hurt but we had tons of damage. After I get insurance money for my Jeep I'll be ordering a lot of parts. Here is some of the parts I'll be ordering soon. Evo aluminum rock skins and guards, Evo rock sliders, Evo led tail lights, Evo tire carrier, Warn VR10-S Gen 2, Bestop Trextop NX Black Twill, upgrading to 4.88 gears, Rigid Industries A-series bright whites (for reverse lights), and a couple of other items. I'm getting all body armor powder coated and the guy said he can probably match my Baja Yellow. If he can I'll do the skins color matched and everything else black.

Glad to hear everyone was ok and your able to cover the damage. Looked nasty from what I saw on the news. Hope you guys have a speedy recovery

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
4.88's will be perfect for those 35's. Trust me when I say those will be your favorite upgrade so far!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I suggest you skip the VR series of Warn winches and get a Zeon. Their VR series has most of their parts made in China and is priced to match competitor's China winches.

I also second the 4.88s for 35s. I have this set up and it is fantastic. :yup:

adamsnewone

Are you guys running 4.88's on an auto or manual? I'm trying to decide between 4.56 and 4.88 with 35's that measure right at 34. I would think the Rpm's would be too high at highway speeds.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Saw all that nasty weather you guys got. Glad to hear you are alright! Great looking Jeep, I love the yellow! :thumb:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Are you guys running 4.88's on an auto or manual? I'm trying to decide between 4.56 and 4.88 with 35's that measure right at 34. I would think the Rpm's would be too high at highway speeds.

I have 4.88's on a 2013 auto with 37's. Don't worry about the RPM difference, it will be so minor it really won't impact your fuel economy (whatever that is) and the 3.6 is happy cruising around in a higher RPM anyway.

I actually did my install backwards. Got 4.88's installed when I was still on 32's waiting for 37's. Had that for about a year and half my daily commute was at 70+. Didn't have any issues running 3400 RPM the whole time.

Defcon3JKU

IMG_1599.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1595.JPG

The build has started to take off.
Evo rock sliders
Evo aluminum rock skins
Evo lower front control arms
Evo aluminum quarter panels
Evo tail lights
Evo body mounted tire carrier
Warn Zeon 10-S
Rugged Ridge aluminum black hood latch
Rigid Industries A-series bright whites(reverse lights)
Bestop Trextop NX
Poison Spyder tag mount with 3rd brake light
JW Speaker Evolution 8700 black LED headlights

Can't wait to start the install process. It's going to fun installing all the goodies.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Nice looking color! Those are some goodies you got there! Have fun drilling holes in your jeep, the first one is the hardest and then you have no choice but to continue!
Looking toward to the pictures after it's all installed.

Defcon3JKU

Here are some pictures of the process. The rear skins were not so bad. The rock skins were going great but when I started putting the screws into the nutserts I guess it started shifting and now I have two screw holes not lining up. I think since the rest are in I'll just cut the heads off the screws and gorilla glue the two heads in to make it look like they are in there. Not really another option at this point and these things aren't going anywhere. IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1637.JPG

Top Bottom