EVO Rockskins Nutsert tool

atrollip

Hellos

Ive ordered some EVO rockskins and sliders that i will need to be installing in December. I was wondering if anyone has made use of a pneumatuc nutsert tool similar to the one below. Im aware most like the Astro 1442 its just cheaper to buy the pneumatic one than import an Astro to SA hence the question. Any opinions will be great.
1480268336915.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Drop the cash on purchasing one, or borrow one if you can. There's a ton of those rivet nuts, its worth it.

I had to get creative a few times with some oversized or slightly misaligned holes. Being able to slowly pull and ease the clamp was nice. There was a few that I had to put the skin in-between the tool and nutsert and hang on the body as I pulled the rivnut.

T.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I own and use the standard astro one. If the pnuematic wasnt expensive, I would have gotten one of those if it works easily and well.

atrollip

Thanks for the replies the pneumatic one will work out cheaper for me than importing the Astro so think im going to give it a bash. If i struggle with it i can always order the Astro.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cant remember the exact size, and im sure someone will chime in with it, but they come with more than you need to install them.

T.McD

You may want to check if your puller has imperial mandrels. i know that it becomes hard to get imperial outside N/A. especially for tooling like that. At work we use a hand crimper version, the Astro style and we also have a battery gun version. the benefit to the astro style is you can keep the tool upright better then ones that are in your hand like a gun, keeps the insert tighter. just take you time and keep it straight for best results.

insert tools.jpg

atrollip

I bought it but noticed it came with std. Mandrels but i think i can order addittional imerial size Mandrels for it. Guess il phone shop up tomorrow.
Thank you for helping.

josiahmarton

I installed the Poison Spyder Brawler Knockers using just a $20 harbor freight riveter that I easily modified to do nutserts. The write up is in my build thread on page 2.

IMG_8623.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom