Anyone have a Bully Dog 40440 Tuner (For 2012 JKs)

jkjurny

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that there is a new tuner model 40440 that will work for the 2012 JK's Pentastar engine. Weird thing is that there is nothing about it on Bully Dog's website. Stylin Trucks, JCWhitney, and autopartswarehouse are carrying them.

Wondering if anyone has this new model. It's $100 more than the 40410 that everyone has reviewed so far. Links below.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/b..._gas_gauge_tuner/21566/bullydogb1540440-.aspx

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Bully_Dog/Power_Programmer/B1540440.html

Jchet729

I've been wondering about programmers too, I've got a friend that does a lot of R&D with the OEMs & aftermarkets, I'll run it by him and see if he's dealt with these.

Jk4thedirt

I just tried the first link you posted for a 2012 and it said it doesn't work. I know Hypertech and Diablo work for the 2012's.

jkjurny

Well, I tried to order one on JCWhitney. Was able to, but then got an email that it is out of stock. Decided to call Bully Dog myself, and the product hasn't even been released yet. Makes sense since none of the other vendors have released theirs either...

jkjurny

Follow up to this thread for anyone interested. They released it last week, and I installed mine today (just with the stock tune for now). Went well, and now my speedo is calibrated! Can't wait to take it on the freeway and see if my auto trans now shifts properly (had to let off on the gas to force an upshift).

The software installation took a little under 30 minutes. Half of the time was the unit unlocking the JK's computer. A lot of steps and key turns from off to run. Kinda freaky seeing all the lights go off as it's programming, but I drove it for 5 minutes after and everything seems fine with my JK. I may try out the performance tunes in the summer, but I want to see a few reviews from others before I attempt it...

jkjeepit

What is the super chip for?

GAUGE FEATURES:
· Driving Coach - Monitor your driving habits to improve fuel economy.
· Engine Temps - You'll want to keep an eye on your Engine Temp. No problem the GT will provide you live accurate figures.
· Transmission Temps - When your out an about putting your Jeep through its passes keep an eye on your Transmission Temperatures.
· Engine Load - Off -Roading in any form will put different amounts of load on your engine. The GT gives you instant feedback on engine load.
· Many More - There are many other vehicle parameters

TUNER FEATURES:
· Power Tuning - There are times when you just need more power. Select the Power Tune.
· Off -Road Tuning - When you head off -road this tune will give you more power and more control of the throttle for challenging terrain.
· Gear Ratio Calibration - If you upgrade or change your axle ratio you will need a GT to program your new settings.
· Tire Size Calibration - Upgraded your wheels and tires? Now you can calibrate your speedometer.
· TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Drop your tire pressure and you'll get a light on your dash. Not anymore.

TRAIL TOOL:
· Idle Up - We all get stuck at some point. Idle up to power that winch.
· Engine Fan - Turn your engine fan off for water crossings. Or run the engine fan in high speed mode at any temp.
· Lockers - Increase traction by engaging your lockers in 2WD, 4WD Hi and 4WD Low up to 30mph.
· Traction Control - When it gets muddy you'll need to disable your Traction Control completely! Available at the click of a button.
· Sway Bar Disconnect - When you need increased articulation disconnect your sway bars in 2WD, 4WD Hi and 4WD Low up to 30MPH.

Brankz

GAUGE FEATURES:
· Driving Coach - Monitor your driving habits to improve fuel economy.
· Engine Temps - You'll want to keep an eye on your Engine Temp. No problem the GT will provide you live accurate figures.
· Transmission Temps - When your out an about putting your Jeep through its passes keep an eye on your Transmission Temperatures.
· Engine Load - Off -Roading in any form will put different amounts of load on your engine. The GT gives you instant feedback on engine load.
· Many More - There are many other vehicle parameters

TUNER FEATURES:
· Power Tuning - There are times when you just need more power. Select the Power Tune.
· Off -Road Tuning - When you head off -road this tune will give you more power and more control of the throttle for challenging terrain.
· Gear Ratio Calibration - If you upgrade or change your axle ratio you will need a GT to program your new settings.
· Tire Size Calibration - Upgraded your wheels and tires? Now you can calibrate your speedometer.
· TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Drop your tire pressure and you'll get a light on your dash. Not anymore.

TRAIL TOOL:
· Idle Up - We all get stuck at some point. Idle up to power that winch.
· Engine Fan - Turn your engine fan off for water crossings. Or run the engine fan in high speed mode at any temp.
· Lockers - Increase traction by engaging your lockers in 2WD, 4WD Hi and 4WD Low up to 30mph.
· Traction Control - When it gets muddy you'll need to disable your Traction Control completely! Available at the click of a button.
· Sway Bar Disconnect - When you need increased articulation disconnect your sway bars in 2WD, 4WD Hi and 4WD Low up to 30MPH.

So do u think that I get a super chip?

metaldemon

My son was going to give me one he took off his truck, but I told him to sell it. I have a manual transmission , and would have had to move my OBD II port. The thing sticks out too far.

Top Bottom