Rusty Door Hinges

Donttread

Anyone either rhino lined their door hinges or plasti dipped them? My jeeps paint is spectacular all the way around besides the hinges.

-Molon labe-

JAGS

Hooked
Anyone either rhino lined their door hinges or plasti dipped them? My jeeps paint is spectacular all the way around besides the hinges.

-Molon labe-

I plasti dipped my hinges. Have silver JKUR and love the look. It's lasted for 4-5 months and washes well too.

Donttread

Wow that picture looks pretty good. I was thinking of just sanding them down and spraying them while on the vehicle.

-Molon labe-

Donttread

Thanks. The more I think about it I'm leaning towards plasti dip. Leaving on the jeep and just taping them off

-Molon labe-

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks. The more I think about it I'm leaning towards plasti dip. Leaving on the jeep and just taping them off

-Molon labe-

That's how I did mine. Just peel tape while plasti is still wet for clean edge. Don't wait for it to dry like paint or it will peel. Don't wash for a week to cure. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358716229.133315.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
I didn't sand or prime. That's the glory of plasti. Just a good washing and spray wipe with a mild degreaser. Tape off area and for overspray. Plasti and untape while moist. Done!

And if you decide you don't want just peel off later. That's why you don't sand or prime as plasti is semi perm.

hawgincognito

Looks like they also put baby wheels and tires on it too.

So it seems.

Maybe it's on the books for a future mod. I would still be riding stock if I hadn't bought mine used with the 35s and lift.

I'm a big fan of black but I wonder how it will look down the road a piece.

Top Bottom