Type of jack for all-around in-Jeep use?

rich67

Caught the Bug
So I noticed that the included scissor jack that came with my Jeep is useless and now with the leveling kit is reaching the end of the limit of travel. So what is everyone using for a standard jack (on pavement) for their lifted Jeeps? Should I just carry something around to lift the jack further off the ground, or is there a good jack I can stash in the existing jack location? I have a bottle jack for off-road use, but the thing is massive and heavy, and it stays in a tool bag that I put in the back of the Jeep when I am off-road only. It's not very practical to carry it around normally.

WJCO

Meme King
You could add a small wooden 4x4 to your Jeep. Then you can put the scissor jack on top of that. I just carry a bottle jack all the time.

J

JKDream

Factory jack and a single 4x4 works with 37's.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just a heads up, be careful with the factory jack.
I have added weight on my JKU, (37s, armor etc). Last time I used the jack it let go and dropped the jeep while I was under it.
Thankfully I had a jackstand under the frame. I'd definitely grab a bottle jack instead to keep with you.

WJCO

Meme King
Just a heads up, be careful with the factory jack.
I have added weight on my JKU, (37s, armor etc). Last time I used the jack it let go and dropped the jeep while I was under it.
Thankfully I had a jackstand under the frame. I'd definitely grab a bottle jack instead to keep with you.

Wow. Good words. Glad you're ok.

Josh27

I have also had the factory jack slip out. Luckily it was when I was tightening the lug nuts getting ready to drop it back on the ground. I have tossed the factory jack and got a bottle jack from tractor supply. It actually fits like a glove in the compartment for the factory jack.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom