sPOD, Lightbar and switch

Chandler LeSueur

Recently got a lightbar off Amazon, I have an sPOD, so I thought it would be simply hooking the lightbar up to the sPOD and it would power up, no I had to use the supplied switch that came with the lightbar, my question is can I bypass or remove the supplied switch and hook it to my sPOD. The switch is wired to a 3 pin connector and I don't see a way to remove it without redoing all the wiring. Ithe came on with Switch 1 on the sPOD on and the supplied switch

tgoss

Recently got a lightbar off Amazon, I have an sPOD, so I thought it would be simply hooking the lightbar up to the sPOD and it would power up, no I had to use the supplied switch that came with the lightbar, my question is can I bypass or remove the supplied switch and hook it to my sPOD. The switch is wired to a 3 pin connector and I don't see a way to remove it without redoing all the wiring. Ithe came on with Switch 1 on the sPOD on and the supplied switch

It is as simple as hooking up the light bar to the spod.

Positive to positive and negative to negative...

The way you see to remove it would be taking a pair of dikes, snipping the harness and crimping on some terminals.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug

The way you see to remove it would be taking a pair of dikes, snipping the harness and crimping on some terminals.

This.

The Spod consolidates all of the relay and switch wiring so all you have to do is run your pos & neg lines to the device and the Spod's pos and neg lines to the battery and that's it.

Coop

Caught the Bug

Lol! In case you're wondering, a pair of dikes, are wire cutters!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Lol! In case you're wondering, a pair of dikes, are wire cutters!

LOL, yesterday when I read this thread I was wondering if the OP heard that term before. I hadn't heard it since I was working as a mechanic many years ago.

You just gave me a good laugh in clarifying it for OP. :applaudit:

Coop

Caught the Bug
LOL, yesterday when I read this thread I was wondering if the OP heard that term before. I hadn't heard it since I was working as a mechanic many years ago.

You just gave me a good laugh in clarifying it for OP. :applaudit:

Nothing like going to all the trouble of getting a pair of dikes back to the garage and have them beat the shit out of you when you tell them to snip the harness!

Ddays

Hooked
Nothing like going to all the trouble of getting a pair of dikes back to the garage and have them beat the shit out of you when you tell them to snip the harness!

LOL, pairing the words "two dikes" and "snip" made me cross my legs just now...:shock:

Chandler LeSueur

Gonna try and negative and positive off where it plugs into the relay. Wondering if it's gonna be long enough, it should be, stretched out its roughly 9 feet, we'll see. If not I can get another wiring harness.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You shouldnt need a relay along with the spod, thats pointless and that is where you are having problems. Just take the 2 wires that come off the light bar and connect them to the sPod like others have said, its really that simple.

You shouldnt need a relay along with the spod, thats pointless and that is where you are having problems. Just take the 2 wires that come off the light bar and connect them to the sPod like others have said, its really that simple.

^+1. I have an sPod and its really simple. Positive to positive, negative to negative. Also, my sPod came with some connectors to use to attach the wires to the control module. I can take pictures when I get home if you'd like.

jkwebbie

Like everyone else has said, just cut the wires and connect them to the sPod. I ended up doing the same thing to my light bar. Took all of 5 minutes lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, ordered my Trail Rockers yesterday....

Awesome! In addition to it being a great product, it's always nice to see that there are still people like you for who things like honesty and integrity still mean something. :thumb:

Top Bottom