Evo or artec cross member

rogerk93

So my cross member is pretty bent and hitting my exhaust. I'm getting a annoying rattle and vibration cause of it so im looking at both cross members but not sure what to go with. Anyone run either one of the two?

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rogerk93

Thanks for the response. I like the artec but am going to have to swap out the bolts. I would like to get axles before putting the money toward skids. I think I'll do evo and worse comes to worse switch to artec if needed to be.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the response. I like the artec but am going to have to swap out the bolts. I would like to get axles before putting the money toward skids. I think I'll do evo and worse comes to worse switch to artec if needed to be.

This is coming from a guy that's running a Poison Spyder cross member - they are ALL the same. Not sure what would convince you that one is somehow better than the other but I have seen them all and they are ALL way better than factory.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm gonna go with EVO when I get one cause my OCD from my wife wants me to have as much EVO stuff as possible. Luckily my OCD and I agree on most stuff.

rogerk93

This is coming from a guy that's running a Poison Spyder cross member - they are ALL the same. Not sure what would convince you that one is somehow better than the other but I have seen them all and they are ALL way better than factory.
Evo is 3/16 inch steel plate and artec is 1/4 inch thick steel. That's the difference.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Evo is 3/16 inch steel plate and artec is 1/4 inch thick steel. That's the difference.

My point is, in spite of the 1/16" difference, I have not see it make a difference or at least, in terms of how well one holds up versus the other. But then, what would I know. If thicker automatically means better and something you need, knock yourself out.

rogerk93

My point is, in spite of the 1/16" difference, I have not see it make a difference or at least, in terms of how well one holds up versus the other. But then, what would I know. If thicker automatically means better and something you need, knock yourself out.
I understand what your saying. I appreciate your input. I just thought there was something more to it than just a little thicker metal that requires you to change out washers and bolts for the artec

SDG

Caught the Bug
Eddie, you are clearly not a woman. Thicker is always better...

Or maybe its the motion of the ocean? I cant remember lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I understand what your saying. I appreciate your input. I just thought there was something more to it than just a little thicker metal that requires you to change out washers and bolts for the artec

Sounds like they've got you sold on it - you should get it.

Eddie, you are clearly not a woman. Thicker is always better...

Or maybe its the motion of the ocean? I cant remember lol

:cheesy: :clap2:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If you're so sold on the Artec crossmember then why post a thread asking if you should choose between these two? The 3/16" crossmember is plenty strong. You won't bend it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So my cross member is pretty bent and hitting my exhaust. I'm getting a annoying rattle and vibration cause of it so im looking at both cross members but not sure what to go with. Anyone run either one of the two?

I don't think you can go wrong with either Roger. As Eddie said the 1/16 shouldn't be enough of a difference to sway you one way or the other

Top Bottom