Teraflex Leveling Kit/Bushwacker Flat Flares and 35's

WLFMOON

I have a 2013 Rubi 2 door and would like to add the Teraflex leveling kit, Bushwacker flat flares, and 35's. I will purchase different wheels with the correct back spacing for the 35's. Haven't decided exactly what tire i would like to go with yet.
Will this setup work? The only thing I was thinking of adding was a little larger bump stop to limit the up travel of the 35's. Not sure if it is needed with the flat flares. I was thinking of going with the 2.5" Teraflex BB lift but don't want to deal with lower control arms to get the caster back in spec at this point. I don't do a lot of offroading....
Any insight would be great!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
There are definitely alot of guys running 35's with a leveling kit and cut factory flares as well. I would think it would be a wise choice to run new bumpstops. Heavy wheeling you might want to add gussets. I know others will chime in just my two cents from all the researching. I would like to run 35's. I have a 2dr with Rubi spring and shocks and in process of installing a Teraflex leveling kit. I am only "allowed" to run the 32's for now.

WLFMOON

Yup, you'll be fine with this setup and you won't even need taller bump stops :yup:

Thanks Eddie!
I really thought that I would need the bumpstops.....but I guess it just makes it with the Bushwacker Flat Flares....? I assumed I needed them so that the 35's wouldn't rub.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie!
I really thought that I would need the bumpstops.....but I guess it just makes it with the Bushwacker Flat Flares....? I assumed I needed them so that the 35's wouldn't rub.

It depends on what leveling kit you get. The ones that have taller spacers (2" or more) up front typically come with bump stop extensions. If it doesn't, you may want to install a set but, with flat fenders, you most likely will not need them.

WLFMOON

It depends on what leveling kit you get. The ones that have taller spacers (2" or more) up front typically come with bump stop extensions. If it doesn't, you may want to install a set but, with flat fenders, you most likely will not need them.

I was planning on getting this one for starters:

Teraflex #1155200: This leveling kit adds 2" to the front and 1" to the rear effectively leveling the 2 or 4 door's factory rake stance. The kit comes with front sway bar links. You can run a 33-34" tall tire with this kit and aftermarket wheels. Fits 2007+ newer Wrangler and Unlimited models.

It says 33-34" tall tire, but I think 35's should go....I know a few folks on the JK forum say they are running the setup with no problems.
What bump stop would you recommend? Brand and size? Just in case I have an issue down the road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was planning on getting this one for starters:

Teraflex #1155200: This leveling kit adds 2" to the front and 1" to the rear effectively leveling the 2 or 4 door's factory rake stance. The kit comes with front sway bar links. You can run a 33-34" tall tire with this kit and aftermarket wheels. Fits 2007+ newer Wrangler and Unlimited models.

It says 33-34" tall tire, but I think 35's should go....I know a few folks on the JK forum say they are running the setup with no problems.
What bump stop would you recommend? Brand and size? Just in case I have an issue down the road.

This kit will clear 33-34" tires with factory fenders. With trimmed fenders or aftermarket flat fenders, you should be fine. I really don't think you'd need bump stop extensions.

Goodie

This is exactly what I'm planning. Leveling kit is on now, wheels and tires in the spring. Probably trim the fenders for a wile then flat flairs.

Top Bottom