What kind of brake pads

mendigo

Morning guys, it's a simple question:

Apparently my rear breaks need to be replace, my jeep jku is still stock, will be moving to 35. As for replacing the breaks do i need to upgrade or can i just stay with stock pads from pep boys or dealer ship.

Also i never changed breaks before and i didn't see a write up for it...anything specific or special that i need?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I still have my stock brakes, but they are worn. And I'm running 37's, so it's not a good situation :cheesy:. I'll be going to dynatrac progrips in the very near future...the best money can buy no doubt.

Desert Crawler

I still have my stock brakes, but they are worn. And I'm running 37's, so it's not a good situation :cheesy:. I'll be going to dynatrac progrips in the very near future...the best money can buy no doubt.
I have been running the same, but the progrip box was waiting on my doorstep when I got home today.
IMG_0605.JPG

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned just run OEM pads. If and when you get larger tires tho you will notice some lose in braking and then I will suggest you check out the dynatrac ProGrips.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm running the Dynatrac ProGrip brakes and recently replaced mine with the Wagner OEx - they work great with my 37's

Andy5160

Hooked
I just replaced both end with NAPA pads they work great so far no issue it is been 2k miles on them. The install is so easy thank's to Eddies write up.
I posted some of my pictures in the write up thread.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Don't mix and match your front and rear pads. If you're keeping OEM pads on the front, make sure to use OEM on the rear. If you want to replace all 8 pads, then you can upgrade to something more aggressive. You'll throw your braking balance out of whack if you don't.

mendigo

Hmm that's a great point, in regards to mix and match front and back breaks.
I think if i stay basic like Eddie and the rest said OE or equivalent should be fine even if later i move to 35".

The autozone gold pads sound interesting, I'll go to the store and check what's consider to be stock...or what is stock.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hmm that's a great point, in regards to mix and match front and back breaks.
I think if i stay basic like Eddie and the rest said OE or equivalent should be fine even if later i move to 35".

The autozone gold pads sound interesting, I'll go to the store and check what's consider to be stock...or what is stock.

Eddie's write up is awesome and used it. Just do not get the all metal pads. I got mine at Autozone.

Morning guys, it's a simple question:

Apparently my rear breaks need to be replace, my jeep jku is still stock, will be moving to 35. As for replacing the breaks do i need to upgrade or can i just stay with stock pads from pep boys or dealer ship.

Also i never changed breaks before and i didn't see a write up for it...anything specific or special that i need?

Thanks in advance

As you go up in tire size the brakes have to work that much harder to stop the Jeep, and also hold it on inclines and declines out on the trail.

For now while you're running the stock wheels and tires, going with a stock pad replacement will be just fine for you. But when you install those larger wheels with 35s, you'll definitely want to look at a brake upgrade like our ProGrip system. Here's a link to all the info on ProGrip, and there's a great video on the page you can watch that demonstrates the difference ProGrip makes, even on the street. And if you have any other questions, feel free to give our tech line a call at 714-421-4314 and one of our guys will be happy to talk to you.

https://www.dynatrac.com/brake-systems/progriptm-for-the-jeep-jk.html

Top Bottom