Re gear question?

Heavyhaul07

I've read and searched for what I feel is the answer but just looking to verify if I'm correct. Getting ready to do the gears in my 12 jkur manual trans. I understand with a auto you need to run a procal or what not to reset for new ratio but not needed if you have a manual trans. Is this correct of should you still use a procal or other if you have a manual trans.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I've read and searched for what I feel is the answer but just looking to verify if I'm correct. Getting ready to do the gears in my 12 jkur manual trans. I understand with a auto you need to run a procal or what not to reset for new ratio but not needed if you have a manual trans. Is this correct of should you still use a procal or other if you have a manual trans.

Thanks in advance

It isn't required like it is on the automatics. It will still drive etc. It's nice to have for re-calibrating the speedo though.

desertrunner

Thanks in advance

Depending on how high you go with your gears you may want to do it for recalibration of your speedo. My buddy on his XJ went from 3.21 to 4.88 and his speedometer was so far off that at highway speeds the computer would sense he was hitting the governor and it would kill power until it reduced his speed. Haha funny thing when your driving behind him and all of the sudden his car dies and slows down then picks back up.

No idea if that would be a problem on the jk though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom