PR44 with 8 stud pattern

Ddays

Hooked
So say a guy was looking at going to a FF 8 lug rear axle and has a PR44 front already. No plans to go over 37" or do a V8 conversion, so really a PR60 front would be overkill.
Why wouldn't swapping out the existing knuckles on the PR44 to the D60 knuckles like Dynatrac offers with their 60/44 hybrid be a cheaper alternative than bumping up to a PR60?
Anyone seen/heard/know of this being done? Good idea/stupid idea?

https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemblies/prorock-44-60-hybrid-axle.html

Dynatrac-ProRock-44-60-Hybrid.jpg

Grubbicon

Considering there is so many people out there that would buy your current set up id be very temped to go ahead and do the 60. If you had it then you will want those 40s even though you dont plan for it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Eddie and Cindy used one on the Vengeance build but only selected it because the PR60 pumpkin would have hit the 3.8 with how they stretched the front. Honestly, I think that your best bet the to get the PR60/Pro60 package from Dynatrac and sell your current axle set. You'd loose ground clearance in the rear since it isn't a ProRock housing but you'd maintain "better than a D44" clearance with the front being a ProRock 60.

I think a real eye opener would be to get a price quote from Dynatrac.

Edit: nevermind, I can't read. I thought you were talking about getting a PR44/60 hybrid not just getting the knuckles

Ddays

Hooked
Considering there is so many people out there that would buy your current set up id be very temped to go ahead and do the 60. If you had it then you will want those 40s even though you dont plan for it.

You just hush! ;)

I'm a little confused by your question. You're saying the knuckle swap cost is greater than a whole new 60 axle?

No, I don't know the cost yet. I'm saying instead of spending $12k on an axle set, get the FF 60 rear and 60 knuckles to install on my existing PR44.

Eddie and Cindy used one on the Vengeance build but only selected it because the PR60 pumpkin would have hit the 3.8 with how they stretched the front. Honestly, I think that your best bet the to get the PR60/Pro60 package from Dynatrac and sell your current axle set. You'd loose ground clearance in the rear since it isn't a ProRock housing but you'd maintain "better than a D44" clearance with the front being a ProRock 60.

I think a real eye opener would be to get a price quote from Dynatrac.

Edit: nevermind, I can't read. I thought you were talking about getting a PR44/60 hybrid not just getting the knuckles

Yeah, I'm waiting on the pricing. It may scare the shit outta me & blow this option right out of the water.

Edit: I understand I will need new axles as well. THAT might be the deal breaker right there...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The end forgings on a ProRock 44 will not work with the 60 knuckles. They hybrid 44/60 comes with 60 end forgings.

WJCO

Meme King
The end forgings on a ProRock 44 will not work with the 60 knuckles. They hybrid 44/60 comes with 60 end forgings.

That would be a lot of work to change that out. Those welds are massive. I wouldn't even want to tackle something like that.

1201160935.jpg

Looks like Ddays is going to buy some 60s. :D

Ddays

Hooked

Boom -and there's the dealbreaker. I wondered that but couldn't tell from the photo on their website. Thanks Eddie!

Ddays

Hooked
That would be a lot of work to change that out. Those welds are massive. I wouldn't even want to tackle something like that.

View attachment 232818

Looks like Ddays is going to buy some 60s. :D

Yeah, well screw even thinking about removing/welding those damn things!

Well, no other way around it, is there? Goddam Jeeps.....

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah, well screw even thinking about removing/welding those damn things!

Well, no other way around it, is there? Goddam Jeeps.....

They're pressed on and then welded on. So you'd be best to send the axle to Dynatrac if they'd even do it. 200+ bucks shipping each way plus your own labor and the Jeep being down. So you either need to shut up about it or go buy a 60. :cheesy:

Ddays

Hooked
They're pressed on and then welded on. So you'd be best to send the axle to Dynatrac if they'd even do it. 200+ bucks shipping each way plus your own labor and the Jeep being down. So you either need to shut up about it or go buy a 60. :cheesy:

Yeah, I wouldn't even think about swapping those ends out. That'd just be a stupid deal there.

What's your wife's email? I'm gonna offer her a heluva deal on a set of pink Dynatrac axles to one up your blue shit...:cheesy:

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah, I wouldn't even think about swapping those ends out. That'd just be a stupid deal there.

What's your wife's email? I'm gonna offer her a heluva deal on a set of pink Dynatrac axles to one up your blue shit...:cheesy:

She'll have to get the purchase approved through me. And I'm already over budget.

scull20

Let's open the bidding...ill start!

One shiny nickel an a new pair of those shitty truck lights

Top Bottom