Weld on sliders

GraniteCrystal

I'm not advocating deceit, but if you do a nice job grinding off the welds and putting black paint back on the frame I don't see how they'd know or care. You haven't done anything to lessen the worth or reliability of the vehicle.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My only question is wouldn't it potentially destroy the feet so that it's harder to weld onto the new rig and potentially have less surface area to be able to weld to the frame?

WJCO

Meme King
I don't see it being an issue, as long as you haven't listed them as included. You should be fine taking them off.

tdougherty81

My only question is wouldn't it potentially destroy the feet so that it's harder to weld onto the new rig and potentially have less surface area to be able to weld to the frame?

My plan was to drill out the plug welds and grind the welds around the feet.

tdougherty81

Honestly, I doubt your dealership would even know.

I'm not advocating deceit, but if you do a nice job grinding off the welds and putting black paint back on the frame I don't see how they'd know or care. You haven't done anything to lessen the worth or reliability of the vehicle.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

I don't see it being an issue, as long as you haven't listed them as included. You should be fine taking them off.

Thanks guys for your input. Feel better about doing it.

WJCO

Meme King
Renting a plasma may be a good idea but be careful, don't want to blow holes through the frame.

WJCO

Meme King
Unless they are expecting sliders to come with the Jeep, I doubt they'll even notice. As stated earlier.

JeepJeep75

My plan was to drill out the plug welds and grind the welds around the feet.

I wouldn't try to remove them. Getting even a small 4 inch grinder in next to all the welds is pretty much impossible. And don't even think about taking the guard off of the grinder. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1480630695.224445.jpg seriously, it's not worth the agony I think. Also the rear slider mount that is right up next to the body mount is to tight to get any sort of cutter/grinder in there cleanly. I'd say skip it and let them be with the jeep forever.

Top Bottom