Weird situation, ABS/ESC light turning on while braking only if turning to the left

jorgelrod

Hooked
My guess is an abs sensor might be loose or is going bad, but I still would like to hear what you guys might think is going on. Once I keep driving the light go out and won't turn on unless I brake again while turning left

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Someone else posted something similar to this, but it was a speed sensor.

For me, I didn't see the light but I felt the crunch of the abs out of nowhere. Ended up being a bad bearing.

MattHowell65

I had the same issue. It started randomly one day a year and a half after installing a 3.5" lift.
I finally figured out that my lift had slowly been sagging since I installed it. So much so that it threw all my geometry off and the abs was engaging for roll mitigation when I'd turn and brake. Basically the Jeep thought I was about to flip so it'd brake for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jorgelrod

Hooked
Not necessarily. It could be the right one as well. It's hard to say. I personally would just replace both.

Jeep is still covered under extended warranty, I'm sure the dealership will just replace the one, but I'll make sure they look at the unit bearings and not just the abs sensor

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
What type of wheeling do you do? If you go through mud often it's most likely your speed sensor. I had the same issue. My right rear sensor was bad due to mud and water inside it. Go get it professionally scanned so the issue can be pin pointed.

Top Bottom