Egr valve

Simm5

Hello everyone. I have a question about the egr valve. So my cel came on a couple days ago so I got it checked and it was p404 egr valve replacement. And now today when I left work there was no light on. So my question is do I still need to change my egr valve or is it good? It's an automatic if that makes a difference. My jk is stock aside from a mild lift and 35s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeeper125

I just replaced my egr valve this summer because it was throwing a code, when the light used to come on a off periodically but eventually it was on every time the car was on, if it comes back on I would look into replacing it. Does the car run any differently??

WJCO

Meme King
Ours came on shortly after buying the Jeep for the egr valve. Cleared code and it came back. Ran a couple tanks of 91 through it and it hasn't come back. Typically egr valves stick from carbon inside, so this can help. If ours comes back again, I'll just replace it.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd run a can of BG 44K fuel cleaner.

I had a BG induction service done 3 weeks ago and it made a difference.

I use 91 octane and have been running other fuel cleaners about every 3 months but the BG cleaner made a noticeable difference and gained back mileage that I'd lost over time.

WJCO

Meme King
I'd run a can of BG 44K fuel cleaner.

I had a BG induction service done 3 weeks ago and it made a difference.

I use 91 octane and have been running other fuel cleaners about every 3 months but the BG cleaner made a noticeable difference and gained back mileage that I'd lost over time.

I've used that shit for years to clear up carbon, yes it really works.

Top Bottom