Stock or aftermarket puck on top of front coils?

desertrunner

So I just installed a set of 4dr Springs on my 2dr today and when I pulled out the coils there were rubber pucks on top of the Springs. Are those stock or aftermarket? I thought I remembered stock rubber puck above the rear coils on my last jk but I don't remember if there were any on the front? I bought this one used so I'm wondering if someone put them in for a little lift but I'm really not sure.

20161203_105248.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Yeah thanks! I think it sits great right now. We will see what it looks like after I throw on the quarter pounder, power plant, and cut the stock fenders though. Still a few more things that are going to throw the stance off.

Ya you may need to add a puck after that. I have a quarter pounder and warn winch, maybe that is why the 18 springs gave mine 1" of lift. A couple guys said their 2doors rode rough with the 18/59 springs. What do you think about the ride?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Ya you may need to add a puck after that. I have a quarter pounder and warn winch, maybe that is why the 18 springs gave mine 1" of lift. A couple guys said their 2doors rode rough with the 18/59 springs. What do you think about the ride?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
To be honest I really don't feel much of a difference. Maybe a little rougher on the small road bumps you can feel everything in the road BUT I also think it has something to do with the fact that my new tires are still aired up to like 40 psi from discount tire I haven't dropped it down yet so I think that's part of the problem.
I'm also only 24 so a harsher ride might not bug me as much as some of the old guys but I don't really think there is THAT much of a difference.
I did also have all my tools and old suspension in the back on the drive home so maybe that weighed down the back a little

JKbrick

To be honest I really don't feel much of a difference. Maybe a little rougher on the small road bumps you can feel everything in the road BUT I also think it has something to do with the fact that my new tires are still aired up to like 40 psi from discount tire I haven't dropped it down yet so I think that's part of the problem.
I'm also only 24 so a harsher ride might not bug me as much as some of the old guys but I don't really think there is THAT much of a difference.
I did also have all my tools and old suspension in the back on the drive home so maybe that weighed down the back a little

Lol, I'm one of the old guys! I'm trying to decide if I should put my 2" evo springs paired with my stock coils and a puck or my 4door coils and a puck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I did 18/59's with 2" puck in front and 1" in rear running 255's. I am debating on EVO 2" in front. Although, I like the stance and look I got.

1476719443660.jpg

IMG_20160329_082633.jpg

desertrunner

I did 18/59's with 2" puck in front and 1" in rear running 255's. I am debating on EVO 2" in front. Although, I like the stance and look I got.

View attachment 233278

View attachment 233279

Yeah i really like your stance, I do still plan on cutting my stock fenders at some point so it will give me a little more room but i will see once i throw the 1/4 lb and powerplant on if i am going to need more height in the front i might give the 2" plush rides a shot up front.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Yeah i really like your stance, I do still plan on cutting my stock fenders at some point so it will give me a little more room but i will see once i throw the 1/4 lb and powerplant on if i am going to need more height in the front i might give the 2" plush rides a shot up front.

Yours is looking pretty sweet!

Top Bottom