Help with jku premium soft top

S_wall98

I found a premium soft top off a 2013 jku top put on my 2010.
Install went pretty good, it wasn't too cold (65-70) in the garage but wasn't sunny either so had usual hassle at the end.
When I stand back and look though, there's a pretty good gap above the doors on both sides. The fabric isn't sitting all the way down on the lip on the plastic channel on the door surrounds. I can push it down no problem but it springs right back up.
Any ideas?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I found a premium soft top off a 2013 jku top put on my 2010.
Install went pretty good, it wasn't too cold (65-70) in the garage but wasn't sunny either so had usual hassle at the end.
When I stand back and look though, there's a pretty good gap above the doors on both sides. The fabric isn't sitting all the way down on the lip on the plastic channel on the door surrounds. I can push it down no problem but it springs right back up.
Any ideas?
Are you sure the bar sliders and installed in the hooks on the door surrounds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

S_wall98

Here you go. It's a pretty terrible pic but I think you can't get the idea. I'll get a better one tomorrow. 1203161846-1328x747.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Havoc offroad has a good video for reference, FYI

Here's ours:

IMG_20161203_175040_446.jpg

Last edited:

S_wall98

Thanks WJCO but I just replaced my 2010 soft top with a 2013 premium so there wasn't really anything but clips for the rear window and roll bar mounts to replace. After that it was remove the old (frame and all) and replace with the new.

S_wall98

Is yours the premium top WJCO? I ask because I'm wondering if the spring assist has something to do with it.
Here's a little better pic. Its tight at the bows but "loose" in between.
1203162006-2656x1494.jpg

Kalums

I ve got a 13 w/the spring assist and when it's off and shrinks in the cold it does that a little until it warms up a few times and stretchs back out. My gaps aren't that pronounced but I'm wondering if it's been off the other Jeep for a long time. That might make a difference. I say give it a few days to stretch out... That is unless it's snowing and or raining ect where you are. Just my 0.02

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

S_wall98

I ve got a 13 w/the spring assist and when it's off and shrinks in the cold it does that a little until it warms up a few times and stretchs back out. My gaps aren't that pronounced but I'm wondering if it's been off the other Jeep for a long time. That might make a difference. I say give it a few days to stretch out... That is unless it's snowing and or raining ect where you are. Just my 0.02

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm hoping that's at least part of it, don't think it was ever used. I have a radiator heater that I'm thinking about leaving inside the jeep tonight set at about 80 to try to speed things along. How terrible of an idea is that?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When I first got my Trektop and installed it in the cold...well colder day...I put the top on and ran the jeep with the heater on full blast for like 20 minutes or so to help it relax down a little bit which helped.

S_wall98

Thanks for that replies guys.
It looks like it's stretched a little overnight, looks quite a bit better. Im assuming it's just where it's been wrapped up for a few years (so I'm told).
I'll be driving around today and be sure to blast the heat for a bit.
Thanks again

Top Bottom