Quick front sway bar question

desertrunner

So just installed a 4rd suspension on my 2dr today and I took the new rear sway bar links to put up front for now until I figure out what I want to do for disconnects. As of right now the sway bar on its on weight looks like it's sitting a few degrees above parallel. That's about where it's supposed to sit right?

20161203_172914.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

So just installed a 4rd suspension on my 2dr today and I took the new rear sway bar links to put up front for now until I figure out what I want to do for disconnects. As of right now the sway bar on its on weight looks like it's sitting a few degrees above parallel. That's about where it's supposed to sit right?

View attachment 233191

Looks good, I think it's 5 degrees up from what I remember

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

So bringing this back up, I just bought a rubi sway bar and the guy left his old RK swaybar links on it so I figured I would test fit and see if they would work. I think they are for a 3.5" though and I only have like 1.5" looks to me like they are gonna be too long what do you guys think? Don't know how bad it is to have the sway bar sit up that high. Pic of the RK vs. Stock rear links

20161203_172914.jpg
20161219_181342.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks fine to me. Depending on how much droop you get, it's probably even better to have it this way.

Kalums

Are you saying the top pic is better or the bottom? I thought it was supposed to be as close to level as we can get... + or - 5 dgrs... If that is the case would not the stock rears work better? Besides when you flex either side up it will connect with the inner Fender liner in the bottom pic?

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Edited because I can't spell.

desertrunner

Looks fine to me. Depending on how much droop you get, it's probably even better to have it this way.
I'm only running a 4dr rubi suspension with stock rubi shocks so I doubt I will have a problem with droop but I do plan on getting some longer shocks soon. My worry was with the up travel if it would contact anything up there.
Are you saying the top pic is better or the bottom? I thought it was supposed to be as close to level as we can get... + or - 5 dgrs... If that is the case would not the stock rears work better? Besides when you flex either side up it will connect with the inner Fender liner?

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah that's what I was thinking with it sitting so high if the up travel will make it contact anything.
It doesn't look like it will but I could cycle it and see how it goes I just don't have an easy way to cycle it right now so I figured I would post up and see if anyone had a problem with links being too long.

desertrunner

I know the biggest thing with links is you want to have them long enough to not flip to the front when fully flexed and I doubt I will have an issue with it flipping while stuffed but I don't want it to be contacting the fender well on up travel.

JKbrick

I know the biggest thing with links is you want to have them long enough to not flip to the front when fully flexed and I doubt I will have an issue with it flipping while stuffed but I don't want it to be contacting the fender well on up travel.

With mine disconnected it hits the round thing sticking through the frame, so in the bottom picture yours look close to hitting it

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The sway bar can shift with flex and that can cause it to make contact with the round tube. No big deal really and you can just shift it back over but trimming is just as easy to do and it's what I have done as well.

Top Bottom