Help a Newbie Out!

Willys_ATX

I had some fun out at Hidden Falls yesterday! Rolled out by myself hoping to link up with anyone and ran into a nice guy and we did a pretty decent run. (If you're on wayalife DM me since we didn't exchange contact).

I'm running only slightly modified... 2.5" and 35s while he had 3-4" and 37s. Let's say I pushed a little closer to my rigs limit. A great time!

My newbie question is how the front end suspension looks after mashing my tie rod / steering stabilizer pretty hard. Some quick pics below. Drive home was totally fine without any wobble or noticeable change in steering at hwy speed. There is a noticeable "click" sound when coming up and down the ramps at my apartment. Pretty sure this is just superficial, but my OCD made me feel like a qualified second opinion.

Pics below of said mashing...

IMG_7121.jpg
IMG_7120.jpg

Now the fun stuff. Got to pull some cord for the first time too because of how slick it was!

IMG_7114.jpg
IMG_7111.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you were able to hook up with someone nice and that you guys had a great time.

Looking at your photos, your tie rod look okay but it'd be hard to tell if it's bent at all. If it is, your toe-in will be off a bit but just by a bit. Your steering stabilizer "looks" okay too and so long as the can isn't smashed, I would think you're fine there too. The clicking you're hearing could be coming from your sway bar links. If the bolts are tightened to torque spec, they will shift around can cause a clicking sound.

Second the sway bar links. I was having some front end clicking last week coming from my driver side, and there was movement in my sway bar links. Definitely check them out.

Love me some hidden falls!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Willys_ATX

Glad to hear you were able to hook up with someone nice and that you guys had a great time.

Looking at your photos, your tie rod look okay but it'd be hard to tell if it's bent at all. If it is, your toe-in will be off a bit but just by a bit. Your steering stabilizer "looks" okay too and so long as the can isn't smashed, I would think you're fine there too. The clicking you're hearing could be coming from your sway bar links. If the bolts are tightened to torque spec, they will shift around can cause a clicking sound.

Awesome, thanks for the guidance! Hard to get a good angle for a shot of the tie rod with it on the ground. Will double check toe-in.

Second the sway bar links. I was having some front end clicking last week coming from my driver side, and there was movement in my sway bar links. Definitely check them out.

Love me some hidden falls!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you ever head out let me know. I live close!

Some more of the fun...

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7116.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6992.jpg
    IMG_6992.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Looks like y'all had a good time. Let me know next time and I'll try to go along. I'm in San Antonio.

Top Bottom