Switch Pros Help

WJCO

Meme King
I haven't Installed that product, but can you post a little more about what issue you're having with those two wires.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm stuck at what to do with the ignition and parking light wires. I have a 2013 JKUR. Any help is welcome, especially pictures..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Okay so I just went and looked and here's how I did it. I used the tap-a-fuse for the ignition (blue wire). I actually just drilled a small hole in the side of the fuse box to route the wire and sealed up with RTV.
IMG_0225.jpg

The parking light wire (yellow) I tapped into the side marker light wiring. Tapped to the white w/ brown trace on the passenger side. You can kind of see it in this pic. I don't use the marker lights which is why there is nothing on the connector in the picture.
IMG_0226.jpg

Hope this helps.

Okay so I just went and looked and here's how I did it. I used the tap-a-fuse for the ignition (blue wire). I actually just drilled a small hole in the side of the fuse box to route the wire and sealed up with RTV.
View attachment 233295

The parking light wire (yellow) I tapped into the side marker light wiring. Tapped to the white w/ brown trace on the passenger side. You can kind of see it in this pic. I don't use the marker lights which is why there is nothing on the connector in the picture.
View attachment 233296

Hope this helps.

Thanks a ton this is exactly what I did!

My switch panel won't turn off.. even when the jeep is off and key is out of the ignition. Is it not supposed to? I don't want it to drain my battery and I don't really like having a light on in the jeep

WJCO

Meme King
Did the instructions say to wire to 12vBAT or 12vIGN ? 12vBAT will be on all the time whereas 12vIGN will turn off when jeep is shut off.

TANK

Did you use the tap a fuse in the M7 location? Wondering because there is actually a battery and accessory input for this location depending on how you placed the fuse. Could be as simple as moving the fuse one slot over.

From the install guide:

There are three different ways to connect the blue ignition wire to an ignition source.
1. The first option is to use the supplied tap-a-fuse connector and tap fuse M6 or M7 in the fuse box (TIPM). Remove the M6
or M7 fuse and place it in the empty slot in the tap-a-fuse. Then insert the tap-a-fuse into the fuse slot. To exit the wire out
of the fuse box we recommend drilling a small hole through the side of the enclosure by the power stud and then sealing
the wire with silicon RTV. If using the M7 fuse, make sure the fuse is in the ACC position. See figure 1. on the next page.
2. The second option is to use the supplied blue wire with the TIPM connector terminal. The blue wire with the terminal is
inserted into the C6 connector at the M7 cavity, located at the bottom of the TIPM. If your Jeep has a rear power outlet
the empty cavity in the C6 connector will already have a wire in it. Follow the direction below for this procedure.
3. If the M7 fuse cavity in the connector is occupied, that wire can be tapped for the ignition/ACC signal. If using the M7 fuse,
make sure the fuse is in the ACC position. See figure 1. The blue with pink stripe wire coming out of the C6 connector can
also be tapped, it is for the power outlet # 1, fuse M6. It is always Ignition/ACC controlled.

Sent from my HTC 10 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did you use the tap a fuse in the M7 location? Wondering because there is actually a battery and accessory input for this location depending on how you placed the fuse. Could be as simple as moving the fuse one slot over.

From the install guide:

There are three different ways to connect the blue ignition wire to an ignition source.
1. The first option is to use the supplied tap-a-fuse connector and tap fuse M6 or M7 in the fuse box (TIPM). Remove the M6
or M7 fuse and place it in the empty slot in the tap-a-fuse. Then insert the tap-a-fuse into the fuse slot. To exit the wire out
of the fuse box we recommend drilling a small hole through the side of the enclosure by the power stud and then sealing
the wire with silicon RTV. If using the M7 fuse, make sure the fuse is in the ACC position. See figure 1. on the next page.
2. The second option is to use the supplied blue wire with the TIPM connector terminal. The blue wire with the terminal is
inserted into the C6 connector at the M7 cavity, located at the bottom of the TIPM. If your Jeep has a rear power outlet
the empty cavity in the C6 connector will already have a wire in it. Follow the direction below for this procedure.
3. If the M7 fuse cavity in the connector is occupied, that wire can be tapped for the ignition/ACC signal. If using the M7 fuse,
make sure the fuse is in the ACC position. See figure 1. The blue with pink stripe wire coming out of the C6 connector can
also be tapped, it is for the power outlet # 1, fuse M6. It is always Ignition/ACC controlled.

Sent from my HTC 10 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with option one.. this may have been the problem because another fuse was in the way. When I get home I'll see if I can get it to fit in the ACC position. Could you possibly post a picture of how you have yours in your fuse box?

Thanks

boardsurfer

I went with option one.. this may have been the problem because another fuse was in the way. When I get home I'll see if I can get it to fit in the ACC position. Could you possibly post a picture of how you have yours in your fuse box?

Thanks
I don't have a pic handy, but the M7 fuse is a two position fuse. I had it in the interior two slots which caused my switch panel to be hot all the time. This is a straight battery connection. If you use the outboard two slots, this is accessory and will power the panel when the key is on.

Top Bottom