Evo Bolt on Coil over Kit

HazMatJK

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well and had a great Thanksgiving.

I have just completed the install if my new ProRock 44 and Evo Bolt on coil overs front and rear.

I set the rear pre-load at about 1/2". Mel and Drew told me to start there.

And as you can see in the pics the upper springs are already quite compressed.

The real problem is the passenger side coil only has 2-3/4" of shaft on the bottom and the driver side has 3-1/2". Passenger side is bottoming out just driving down the street at 40-45mph.

Upper springs are 200 and lowers are 250.

If I adjust the pre-load lower will this help even the compression of both upper and lower springs pushing the shock up to allow more shaft, or do I have to get 250/300 upper springs?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!1 20161204_131534.jpg 20161204_131544.jpg 20161204_131551.jpg 20161204_131608.jpg 20161204_131640.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

HazMatJK

I didn't't have enough pre-load set. Came up with this for mine, may be different for others but its a good area to start.

Driver rear 1-1/2"
Passenger 1-5/8"

Put aside a weekend to set it all up.. the hard part for me was wedging the bracket between the frame and body.

Otherwise it's not bad

Evil

Just an FYI for all who are considering this kit, there is no welding need. This is a bolt on kit. You can choose to weld certain parts on your rig if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wedging :cheesy: You know, when you lift the tub off the frame and slide the rear bracket in between. You can weld it all on if you wish. Motech had a red JKU all done up and all of the bolt on kit was welded in, thing was bad ass.

Wedging :cheesy: You know, when you lift the tub off the frame and slide the rear bracket in between. You can weld it all on if you wish. Motech had a red JKU all done up and all of the bolt on kit was welded in, thing was bad ass.

My brackets are welded on. You can def bolt in, but those bastards aren't going anywhere welded.

benatc1

Hooked
My rears made a lot of noise. I put in some Amg sliders and they are pretty tame now.

looking to go with this kit, hopefully within the next 6 months if all goes well. what kind of noise are we talking? Creek or squeak? or something different?
Just an FYI for all who are considering this kit, there is no welding need. This is a bolt on kit. You can choose to weld certain parts on your rig if you wish.

seemed pretty straight forward when you showed me your rig over the summer, can't be to hard with a bit of know how and some good directions.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

looking to go with this kit, hopefully within the next 6 months if all goes well. what kind of noise are we talking? Creek or squeak? or something different?

Squueky, creeky, springs going kadonkin. Its not that bad.

HazMatJK

Mine are loud enough I need to take it to EVO so they can check out the rear coil overs. My front ones make a little creak or two but the back is driving me crazy.

The AGM sliders will probably fix the noise with the rear coil overs but I just can't believe King would find this acceptable and I just dropped $5k on this and shouldn't have to spend more.

Evil

Mine are loud enough I need to take it to EVO so they can check out the rear coil overs. My front ones make a little creak or two but the back is driving me crazy.

The AGM sliders will probably fix the noise with the rear coil overs but I just can't believe King would find this acceptable and I just dropped $5k on this and shouldn't have to spend more.

Totally normal on anything with a dual or triple spring set up.

Top Bottom