Rubicon running boards

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what your asking but the Rubicon has "rock rails" or "rock sliders" and the Sahara has "running boards" or "side steps".

WJCO

Meme King
These are side steps from our Sport that we gave to Jeeeep. They are merely a step and nothing else. Not a rock slider.

IMG_20161014_221034_201.jpg

agiron

Just wasn't sure if they were different or the same, sounds like the answer is different. Would the rubicon "rock rails" be a suitable upgrade or should I just hold off for the evo rock sliders

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wasn't sure if they were different or the same, sounds like the answer is different. Would the rubicon "rock rails" be a suitable upgrade or should I just hold off for the evo rock sliders

Oh, the Rubicon rocker guards are definitely worth having and a lot of folks here give them away or sell them for cheap. They will do well to protect your Jeep.

TRLJNKY

Depends on budget. I adde d Rubi rocksliders to my Sahara and they worked amazingly well on my ride on the Rubicon. The EVO's are def better and are something that I am aiming for. Quick fix was the stock Rubi's and they worked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I stuck with my stock rubicon rails on my last jeep and they definitely got used and held up great. They wont offer as much protection as the evo sliders but they worked well for me, so much so that when i bought my new sport i found a brand new set on CL for $50 to throw on there for now.

TRLJNKY

How long is my question. If your talking feasibly months than save for the EVO or LOD. If your in my situation and going who the hell knows when than the Rubi sliders are much more capable than the steps

WJCO

Meme King
Just checked local CL, guy in Parker has some rock rails off a 14 for 50 bucks. FYI. I myself would hold off, most of the rock trails here are closed until July anyways.

TRLJNKY

Months, I get a monthly bonus and the wife said I can use it on the jeep

Lol I wish. I keep getting we can do this or this to the house instead of Jeep funds. Ifyour not going to wheel the hell out of your Jeep over winter I say save uo for the good stuff. If your going to go go ground pounding now, find a cheap set and roll with it. Sell em when your ready to upgrade

Top Bottom